Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Saturday Soiree - all welcome!!

Hi @saturnzoon ,

Yes my mental health issues are very different to how it is portrayed in movies. Especially in the issue of dangerous alters all of my so called dangerous alters are only a danger to myself the most they do to others is mouth off and call people names. I have only ever had one incident where an alter hurt someone else physically but I was being attacked by said person at the time and they were protecting us. 

Tessa also isn't the first alter to talk on here but I think she is the first one to venture out of my dragon den thread. 

As for knowing them it is an ongoing process as new ones join and others go dormant I also have age and gender sliders

@saturnzoon hope you will be okay

@eth hey with, hope you have a good day.

Yer @eth , all my littles are sweet natured, but some are very troubled. My psych said they are trauma holders she said that she has become aware of 2 that hold trauma that I don't remember. This troubles me somewhat because I don't know if I want to know what they hold or if it is better that I don't remember

I would find that difficult too @Former-Member .  I have an extensive trauma history myself and am doing EMDR currently with my psychologist, which is helping a lot with complex PTSD.  I am reading Meera Atkinson's Traumata and she talks a lot about how trauma affects memory formation which I find fascinating.  The more EMDR I do the more little details come back to me, but in a safe setting, and the process is greatly reducing how triggered/flooded I am when the memories come up - both during the session and when I'm out and about.

Thanks @Meowmy  you too x

Thanks @eth That's lovely (you gave me a boost).

Hi everyone.

I'm off to my 2nd Date (in 45 minutes time) - with online dating lady, who I met 3 weeks ago.

We finally got our act together, & organised it (just over 1 hour before it).

Things scheduled at last minute are anxiety-provoking.

Very positive...

Adge

Ive had 2 sessions of EMDR therapy with a psych before both ended badly with me refusing to do it again and changing psych. But Im glad it works for you @eth. I might one day try it again because alot of people with the same issues as me say it has helped them greatly. But I think I will wait till I find a psych who knows what they are doing

Knock yourself out @Adge have given up on online dating here.

@Former-Member  sorry to hear you had that experience.  I'm just saying it is working for me, but I don't have the same MH issues as you, so I can't say what would be best for you.   I have bipolar 1 and complex PTSD.  I hope you find someone helpful.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance