Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Sadness

Hi Cloudcore

When I am sad I have experienced disappointment, grief and overwhelm (not on the list?) but also numbness. 

I had to think long and hard about this one.

I think often I get confused about sadness. I might actually think I am angry or disgusted or sometimes feel them at the same time. For example, often when I feel abandoned I will respond with anger but what I am actuallly feeling is a form of sadness and loss.

I also feel a lot of grief. Grief for things I've lost or perhaps who I could have been if things had gone diffferently in my life. Especially about family relationships. I think that does make me very sad. 

Sadness has become a friend to me over the last year. I have worked through a lot of what I would call mild anger and dissapointment issues that have plagued me for years.

When I allow myself to cry and allow the sadness to wash over me, it is a release of the other emotions for sure. People rush to me with tissues to wipe away my tears but I let them flow freely. It's a great big hug to myself to say 'hey you've worked hard to get here'. x

Hi @cloudcore and everyone else!

I don't often feel sad nowadays, but in the past, I associate my sadness with:

isolation

loss

depression

powerlessness

confusion

Thank you for sharing @Jorge ! Your experience totally makes sense. I love the idea of the big hug.

Hi @cloudcore 

The feelings of sadness includes:

Lonely

Ashamed 

Powerless 

Gulty

xx

I don't really know where to write this so here will do I guess. It is to do with sadness or a noticing that sadness has given way to acceptance.

I am coming out of a crisis episode, my worst yet. What I have noticed with all the work I have done on allowing myself to cry, to aknowledge it sux that I have this illness, that life is unfair over the past year, my recovery has been shortened.

My recovery has probably been more intense in moments, but sadness, feeling sorry for myself or feeling worthless doesn't seem to be there. What I'm finding is that glimmer of hope that usually takes months for me to feel again or even think of as a possibility.

So I guess I just hope that anyone reading this remembers to allow themselves to release a bit of sadness here and there because it might make the world of difference during your next crisis or low spot. x

@cloudcore thanks for the tag but will do next fortnights one instead.

Hi @cloudcore , thanks for running this helpful series...just wanted to let you know I haven't been doing so well, so have had to drop out of this series on Feelings. This is a shame as I felt it was doing me good. But I just have too much on my plate at the moment unfortunately. Sorry, and thank you for all you do around here. 

Hi @JungleGiants and @NatureLover , it's complete okay to give this discussion a miss Smiley Happy

I'm also sorry to hear that things have been difficult at the moment @NatureLover , please know you can tag me whenever you need support. Here for you Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance