Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Social Spaces

TuxedoCat
Senior Contributor

πŸŽ™ Podcast. Podcast. Podcast. πŸŽ™

Hey forum! 

I've noticed a podcast size hole in this forum! This thread is for us forumites to  share the podcasts we love with each other, and why we like them.

There are probably MILLIONS of podcasts out there across dozens of genres and topics. No two are the same. So where do we start?

We listen to podcasts for A LOT of reasons. Maybe to

• Learn something new
  • Distract ourselves
  • To find inspiration

I'm starting this thread and could love for anyone reading to answer some questions

1. Share a podcast with us including a description (and trigger warning if necessary). If you are LOOKING for podcast recommendation, let us know!
  2. Why you like the podcast
  3. A link so we can listen along!

This thread is for any genre or topic podcast! Share below what kind of podcast you've been listening to or are looking for ❀️ 

28 REPLIES 28

Re: πŸŽ™ Podcast. Podcast. Podcast. πŸŽ™

I love podcasts and I listen to them while I'm working and studying, walking, cooking...you name it! 

I usually like "narrative" style podcasts similar to radio stories. 

One I really love is this narrative podcast called Forest 404 by BBC. a dystopian story about the climate apocalypse that's surprisingly hopeful! Each episode is accompanied by an interview which discusses the key theme AND some sounds of nature eg. whale songs. 

I like it for distraction and I think to make myself feel better about the climate. Story-based podcasts help me distract myself from big life things and are great for escapism for me. Here is a link

Such a great idea @TuxedoCat 

I'm determined to make more time for podcasts!! There are some great ones on ABC, similar to you, I like listening to the radio style ones I think.. here's my link πŸ˜Š https://www.abc.net.au/radio/programs/conversations/episodes 

I hardly ever listen to podcasts @TuxedoCat . I believe I only did so for uni. I’m not a very good β€˜listener’ because I go off into la la land. I’m not good at viewing shows either. My happiest medium is reading. Yes, I’m one of those β€˜annoying’ people who can’t watch a show without subtitles.

Growth mindset speaking, I will check out the link you have sent. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for this thread!

@BPDSurvivor subtitle users unite! I also need them for whatever I watch! 

https://hubermanlab.com/category/podcast-episodes/ 

I think this is interesting and yes relevant to mental health even tho he is an ophamalogist.

Great idea @TuxedoCat 

@Appleblossom there seem to be so many episodes here. This looks awesome! I can't wait to listen to this one. I think it will be really interesting to learn about in relation to my ADHD Perception: dopamine, serotonin and hormones

Also...is that a new profile picture I spy? If so, love it!

I see there's one with Dr Rhonda Patrick @Appleblossom I love her! She does her own podcasts here's the link. Interesting stuff!

I absolutely LOVE podcasts. When my anxiety was at its worst a few years ago the only thing I could do was listen to podcasts. Other people talking in my ears seemed to take away my own awful thoughts. 

My favourites are popculture type ones like Shameless and Mamamia Outloud.  I also like the Briefing which deep dives into a news item of the day. Last but not least, I love true crime. I am particularly loving right now podcasts about swindlers.

Thanks for starting this one @TuxedoCat . Oh and I watch everything with subtitles too. My husband hates but too bad, they are staying on.

Hanami

ohh I LOVE true crime too @hanami. DO you have a link about the swindlers one? 

Sounds great!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance