Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

amber22
Peer Support Worker

Peer Group Chat // Breaking Down Biases // Thursday 15th December 2022, 7-8:30PM AEDT

Hellloooo lovely forum members!

Our Peer Group Chat on Thursday 15th December 2022 will be on the topic of Breaking Down Biases. 

Have you ever noticed a tendency to notice negative things more than positive? Or the other way around? This is known as having a negative or a positive bias. Let’s come together to explore what a bias might mean for us and look like in our lives, as well as how we might be able to challenge or combat it, or alternatively harness it to benefit us!

amber22_5-1670544442971.gif

Within this group tonight we’ll be talking about: 

• What negative and positive biases are 
  •  How these biases could show up in our lives 
  •  How to challenge these biases to better benefit us 

More information on how to join and when is posted below! We hope you can make it and join in this discussion with us 🙂 

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Peer Group Chat // Breaking Down Biases // Thursday 15th December 2022, 7-8:30PM AEDT

For anyone unfamiliar with Peer Group Chats, each focuses on a specific topic and is guided by Peer Workers with lived experience of mental health issues and recovery, &/or caring for someone with complex mental health. A counsellor is also present to assist in ensuring a safe environment for individuals and the group. It is a space for us as peers to share our stories and experiences, and connect with those who are going through something similar. 

The event start times across Australia are below:

amber22_1-1670544244611.png

WA: 4pm 
NT: 5:30pm

SA: 6:30pm 

QLD: 6pm

NSW, ACT, VIC & TAS: 7pm 

This is held at daylight saving time!

Anyone is welcome to join! Tagging some members who may be interested, either by being active recently in the Carers forum talking about self-care, or in being interested in previous Peer Group Chats:@Shaz51 @Hams @Zoe7 @chibam @Teej @Appleblossom @HenryX @Faith-and-Hope @Snowie @Jacques @wellwellwellnez @petrichor @Lila3 @pinklollipop15 @Gwynn @outlander @Pancake @Sophia1 @NatureLover @Captain24 @Jay5 @Paulette @outlander 

Peer Group Chats are hosted outside of the forums, using a platform called Chatwee. 

To join an Online Peer Group and participate, you will need to register for an account with Chatwee.
To access the group to observe only and not participate, you can access Chatwee as a Guest.
On the night, follow this link to access Chatwee before the group starts.
You can join our Peer Group Chats every Thursday from 7:00-8:30pm (AEDT). Check out the FAQs page for more information.  

We hope to see you there 😊 If you can't make it but are interested, you can always catch up reading the transcript afterwards here

Re: Peer Group Chat // Breaking Down Biases // Thursday 15th December 2022, 7-8:30PM AEDT

Good afternoon lovely forum members!

Just a reminder that our Peer Group Chat on 'Breaking Down Biases' will be on tonight from 7pm! Full details are in the post above with more info on where to join. 

Hope to see you tonight:) 

Hey everyone,

This is just a little reminder post that our Peer Group Chat on 'Laughing It Out' is starting in half an hour! 

Check out the post above for more info and where to join!

Hope to see you soon:) 

@Hope0011 @chibam @Shaz51 @Hams @Zoe7 @chibam @Teej @Appleblossom @HenryX @Faith-and-Hope @Snowie @Jacques @wellwellwellnez @petrichor @Lila3 @pinklollipop15 @Gwynn @outlander @Pancake @Sophia1 @NatureLover @Captain24 @Jay5 @Paulette @outlander 

Hi Everyone, 

Just a reminder that this Peer Group Chat on the topic of Breaking Down Biases will be starting very soon, in just under 15 minutes! Tagging those who have interacted with the thread and who may be online and/or interested to receive a reminder 😊 @Hope0011 @Appleblossom @BobP @Bow @Captain24 @Dimity @Historylover @ArraDreaming @Lioness72 @Meowmy @Shaz51 @Willy @bertie1 @greenpea @Bill16 @BlueBay @Determined @Emelia8 @EternalFlower @Eve7 @Birdofparadise8 @MDT @Little_Leopard @creative_writer 

Hey @Jacques Was only a guest and could not reply.

It looked like a great chat.

@TideisTurning 
Thanks very much for the "No Notice".

The first time I was tagged about this  was in an email at 5:30pm today. I was away from the computer and checked my email at 8.30pm about the time the discussion  would have finished.

Regards

Willy

@Hope0011 @Appleblossom @BobP @Bow @Captain24 @Dimity @Historylover @Jay5 @Lioness72 @Meowmy @Shaz51 @Willy @bertie18111966 @greenpea @Bill16 @BlueBay @Determined @Emelia8 @EternalFlower @Eve7 @Laura4 @Hams @Little_Leopard @creative_writer 

Thanks for the chat last night. I am trying to recall the buddhist quote that was shared. I think it was by you  @wellwellwellnez . It really sat well with me.

It wasn't me @Hope0011 , but I think I remember it.

Something like: small doubts leads to small awakenings, while great doubts lead to great awakenings.

Thats it, thank you 😊

Hey @Willy

I'm sorry to hear the notification arrived too late for you to be able to join us on this occasion. For future reference in case it's helpful, our Peer Group Chats are generally on every Thursday from 7-8:30PM (AEDT/AEST), except in the case of public holidays or organisational closures. If these discussions are something that interest you, we can tag you in future initial reminders (usually posted a week beforehand) as well. But, you can find more usually in Social Spaces and for the upcoming PGC, you can find more info here. If ever you miss a Peer Group Chat that may have interested you, transcripts are generally made available after the event here, including the transcript for the discussion this thread pertains to. I hope all of that helps, but feel free to reach out with any other questions you might have 😊 Take Care, 

TideisTurning 🌹

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance