Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Let's talk DID and dissociation hi

Hi Hi, @Sphinxly 

I like your name and your colourful picture. 

(Sapphire, Chloe and strudle《blended》)

(Mostly strudle)

Hi everyone,

We are okay. Lots of family stuff going on which keeps us out of our head, out of the inner world, because life is so busy. 

Interestingly, because I am focusing on looking after this body and giving self compassion and self care to as many as I can, it has been not as loud inside.

I think some of us are working well together at the moment with trying to look after the family stuff. It makes me wonder if it means I'm progressing with healing and how long will it last. 

I can definitely say that being kind to us is helpful. 

Hi all. Hope you are doing okay. 

I haven't been online much for a while but I'm triggered today by the fact I'm hosting a birthday party for one of my family members. 

I just need to vent a little so maybe I can actually function. Currently I'm paralysed with fear that will be coming from a some little ones inside who has relational abuse trauma from several family members. 
I know I could work through it but my household is here and it's challenging to say the least. And triggered fear brings out anger and I keep getting cross with my partner. 

I wonder what others do to push through when there are obstacles once triggered?

I've actually asked them to go out for a couple of hours. I know that triples the jobs needed to be done but I can't do anything while they are here. To work through this and continue to remain present, I need to be free to move about the house and talk through the issue aloud. 

Why oh why do I continue to say yes to things too hard for me? And why do I go overboard still trying to win approval from someone who will never change? 

Thanks for the chance to let this out. 

Hi @MySunrise @sorry I'm just seeing this. Not sure when the party is but hope you're feeling a little better. I don't have any solutions but can identify with getting myself sucked into doing thing that are overwhelming and/or that I don't really want to. I think you're on the right track with asking for things that will just help you get it done like sending the family out. 

@Former-Member @Bellarose75 @Unlonely1  how are you all? Been thinking of you all.

im having a very rough time with therapy. She is really pushing and I'm finding it very overwhelming and I don't think she gets how hard it is. I feel so sad because I feel like I've found someone who really wants to help and hasn't put me in too hard basket but not sure I can sustain this without doing bad things or maybe even something really bad. I'm not that way right now but so scared of that.

She said she thinks I've 'switched' some times in session but she didn't realise at the time so today she kept asking if it was a different part and I hated it. Made me sick. Made my head mad. Does/would this bother anyone else or am I overreacting?

Just dropped by to say hello, I am not here much at the moment everything is so draining. Hope everyone is safe and as ok as they can be. @destructive @Former-Member @MySunrise @Unlonely1 

Hi 🙂

ím nσt hєrє much l8lч єíthєr...

sσrrч αll.
hσpє ur αll hαngíng ín σut thєrє??

❤️ 2 u αll

‘us‘

I'm real bad and do t know how to cope with all this. Just feel like things are never going to get better. Feel like my psychologist doesn't want to see me anymore, just isn't directly saying so and turns out a therapist like 7 years ago thought I had DID and never said anything. I don't get enough help because I can't talk and I can't afford it. People think because I have a job I'm less in need in less pain or something. 

Hey. I've been in hiding (avoidance). @destructive  You posted this a while ago. I hope you are okay. I hope you have been able to ask your therapist if she still wants to help you, even though that would be so hard to do. 
I had to do that recently and it was so hard. I just came right out and said it. She actually hadn't thought about it. I think it's my rejection issues that think people don't want to be around me. 
I hope things are working out okay 

Hi @MySunrise @how are you?  
I kinda did, not ask so much but just be an awful needy mess and it's obvious that I worry about that so she says often she won't quit on me but not always sure. I feel like she's more thoughtful in what she does than others, as in I know she's sought supervision when things didn't go well. That was a good sign I think. I actually didn't take it as she couldn't handle me but more that she cared enough to try figure out how to do it better. Weird. 

@destructive  just want to let you know when I was struggling you gave me inspiration to keep going. I bet I'm not to only one 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance