Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

Kpop thread

Hi so idk if anyone else here likes Kpop or any other forms of asian pop eg. Jpop, Cpop and such but here is a thread to talk about all of that. 

in terms of groups/artists i like some of my favourites are (but not limited too)

- redvelvet 

- twice

-AKMU

- Lee hi 

- itzy

- black pink

- Niziu

there are heaps more tbh but anyway i am mostly into girl groups but if anyone likes any of these i am definitely up for a chat about them. 

if you havent listened to kpop i recommend you give it a try!  

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Kpop thread

@Question  That is kind of rude and this is social spaces it doesn’t have to be about mental health. 

heya @Eden1919, I'm going to send an email to you to check-in. I haven't dipped my toe into Kpop very much, but I LOVE kdramas!!! I find them so soothing and just love how they use so many different genres of film! Some of my favourites have been

• Extraordinary attorney Woo (although the depiction of autism is very stereotypical)
  • Vincenzo
  • Uncanny counters! 

Do you watch kdrama too? And I think I'm going to listen to some of these artists you've shared!

And @Question, Eden1919 is right. Across these forums, we also have social threads for people to connect with each other. We're more than just our mental health. 

@TuxedoCat  Yes I LOVE kdramas I watch heaps of them I just finished attorney woo and really enjoyed that I would also recommend if you haven’t watched them 

-hotel de Luna 

- good doctor (the Korean version is the original and much better than the America one)

- doctors

- tempted

- inheritors

- who are you

- Solomon’s perjury 

ahh there are so many good ones I am watching tomorrow currently but it can be a little triggering so I have to watch in the right headspace. 

Still learning about the different forums so mistakes happen.

hanami
Senior Contributor

Hey @Eden1919 and @TuxedoCat 

Love this thread about Kpop. I love me a bit of Jpop and Jdrama and Kdrama. Haven't watching any for ages but a few years back when I was learning Japanese I got right into them. I'll have to think of some favourites but can't off the top of my head right now.

Hanami

YESSSSSS SO MANY GOOD RECOMMENDATIONS @Eden1919 !! 

The Korean Good Doctor has been on my list for so long! And the rest of these reccs look so good too! 

For me, I get so absorbed in the storylines! It is such a good escape for me ❤️ 

@hanami  Yes jdramas and jpop is harder to find for whatever reason and I find a lot of the jpop is rock based music and I am not into rock so I find it hard to find stuff I like. Also yes you should get back into to haha. 

@TuxedoCat  Yeah they have really well thought out storylines and like a couple of thing I find while they are often heavy on the romance side of thing there isn’t usually all those like sex scenes that people add to try and make thing more dramatic is western shows which I hate and also they don’t tend to have more than 1-3 season of any show because they just stick to the story and that is it so you don’t end up with lots of random things happening in later seasons that are just plain stupid which is good. You know like shows like glee where they really should never have gone past season 3 but tried to do more to make more money when they didn’t have much of a story anymore. That sort of thing is less frequent in kdramas. And yeah they are a very good escape lol I even got my family member hooked on them after they started watching with me and now they watch heaps of them too. 

@Eden1919 100% you put into words what I was trying to say! Yes, the storylines are super well thought out and I LOVE the lack of sex-scenes. And I am trying to get so many people into kdrama too! 

@TuxedoCat  Yes I always tell people they should watch them only to hear them complain about subtitles like they aren’t that bad and it is still worth watching the show lol. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance