Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: It's Pride Month! 🏳️‍🌈 Join the discussion here

@petrichor 

Heart

I am glad you have some minimal level of expression.  Flying stealth is very draining.  Sorry your circumstances do not support you to be who you really are, and even feel unable to gain from the pride community with others..  I have been on the edges for a long time and supported both gay men and women in their separate queer communities.  

Of course I dont mind you tagging me.

Take Care

Apple

Some brilliant quotes here about what Pride means to us:

"Pride means loving ourselves for who we are and loving all those around us and allowing them to be their authentic selves without imposing limits or judgements. Pride is love!"@Oaktree 

"Pride for me is being able to show true colours and finding others who stand beside together. Pride is a community. Pride is helping change."@petrichor 

"Pride to me means way more that rainbows, it means the ability to represent ourselves for who we are, being part of society without repercussions. It means safety, it means relationships, it means honesty. It's taking back the right to be human."@Rebel

I'm late catching up on SANE action, as is usual lately!  Happy to be tagged here, thanks @Daisydreamer @petrichor 

Happy PRIDE month to all here and following along.

I just had to share this. It's a funny pride story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zAzwvwMSWo&t=173s

What is pride to me?

Pride is strength. Pride is affirmation that our sex, gender identity, or sexuality are healthy the way they are, not a problem to be fixed or something to be ashamed of. Pride is demanding our rights and fighting for each other. Pride is remembering the most marginalised in our communities- who are often left out from mainstream pride discourse- and platforming them. Pride is wanting to do more than survive- it's wanting to thrive and be happy. Pride is community. Pride is joy and celebration. Pride is inspiration and love 😊

Happy Pride Month ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🤎🖤💗🤍

In a world that tries to make us feel ashamed for being who we are, we stand with pride knowing we are defiant in the face of adversity. Happy Pride everyone! Smiley Very Happy

Happy Pride Month everyone!! xx

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

I am proud to be an ally. I have had some beautiful loud and proud gay friends over the years and to me what has always stood out the most is the courage, strength, respect, love, joy and confidence they all have in living their truths.

So when I think of pride, that's what I think of, my gay friends all living and loving their truths and not giving a hoot what the world thinks. xx

BB 🐰💙

I had a moment as an "ally" in a supermarket aisle this week.  2 people were talking and then bent together and gently kissed through lovely cloth masks. I was less than a metre away and passing through but laughed and said "thats beautiful".  It was only as I spoke that I realised they were both women.

Heart

Thank you to everyone who has joined in the first week of our discussion for Pride Month! @Appleblossom @bipolarbunny @Former-Member @Former-Member @wellwellwellnez @eth @Oaktree @petrichor @Rebel @HappyCastle @Schitzo @Clawde 

Building on our last question about what pride means to you...

How will you be celebrating pride month?

I'm not celebrating as such @Daisydreamer  because I believe in PRIDE every day of every month.  But it is a good time to remind and educate those who are not allies.  e.g. my Godmother who continues to use my adult child's dead name after 12 years since they came out as transgender F to NB.  I find it frustrating in particular when trying to explain to my mother's generation.  Most of them just won't open their minds, particularly to new ways of using pronouns etc.  Godmother actually expected my NB adult child to be pushing that onto their children, when the whole point is that people can be/choose their own identity, find their own authenticity.  My 7 year old grandchild is clear about being she/her and that's fine.  My 2 1/2 year old grandchild is just starting to experiment with pronouns for toys etc and will make their own preferences clear in the not too distant future.  But their preferences at this young age are not necessarily forever.  Being gender fluid is another of the options!!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance