Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Daisydreamer
Senior Contributor

It's Pride Month! 🏳️‍🌈 Join the discussion here

10 Inspiring LGBT Speakers to Book for Pride Month 2021

Celebrating Pride Month on the SANE Forums 

The month of June is Pride Month, and we will be celebrating with a discussion here on the forums. 

Pride Month is a time to celebrate our LGBTQIA+ Community, and on the Forums we will continue to elevate the discussions that we started during the 🏳️‍🌈 IDAHOBIT: Week long discussion 🏳️‍🌈 in May 2021. 

Pride Month was born from a social justice movement, and continues to be a time for advocacy and empowerment of the LGBTQIA+ Community. We celebrate those that have come before, and to strive for social change to address the key issues that are still faced by the community. All across the world, there are community events celebrating Pride!

How will we be celebrating on the SANE Forums?

This discussion will be open for the month of June, with a new question every week. We will be building on some of the key themes and messages that were shared in the 🏳️‍🌈 IDAHOBIT: Week long discussion 🏳️‍🌈 and below you can see some of the key quotes fellow forumites shared.

To get involved, check back in each Monday for the new question. There will be questions about your experience, how you are celebrating pride month, the role models you look up to and an opportunity to share resources, books, artworks, events and activities. 

You can get involved by:

• Making a post in repsonse to each question
  • Supporting posts made by other members 
  • Reading along
  • Sharing how you will be celebrating pride month this year

There are lots of organisations in Australia who have events, resources and activities for Pride Month, so feel free to share them here too!

Here is an overview of some of the key messages from the SANE Forums from our IDAHOBIT discussion last month:

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Check back in on Monday the 7th of June for our first question! If you would like to be tagged when each new question is posted, click the "support" button on this post and we will make sure to notify you. 

Open and honest discussions about social justice are really important, and we are committed to making this discussion a safe space for LGBTQIA+ people to share their experiences, thoughts and ideas. To keep this safe space and respect the experiences of our community, we ask that all members refresh their understanding of the community guidelines in advance so that we can make this discussion inclusive and welcoming.

If you have any questions about this month long discussion, you are welcome to email our Community Managers at team@saneforums.org 

26 REPLIES 26

Re: It's Pride Month! 🏳️‍🌈 Join the discussion here

Happy Pride Month @Daisydreamer 🌈

Woohoo please tag me for the Monday questions @Daisydreamer 

♥️🧡💛💚💙💜

Meggle

I love all of this. So happy for this supportive commuinty! 

Today we are kicking off our first question for this month long discussion celebrating Pride Month!

Question 1: What does pride mean to you? If you want to get creative, you can also share a picture, gif, song, drawing or artwork

@HappyCastle @Oaktree @petrichor @Appleblossom @Schitzo 

Feel free to tag anyone who might like to join in this month long discussion 🙂

@Daisydreamer 

For me Pride means being a really proud Mumma of a gay man. I love him beyond measure and hope that he will find love and happiness with someone who loves him just as much. Someday I hope that he will get married and maybe adopt some kids that I can be a Grandmother to. Pride means loving ourselves for who we are and loving all those around us and allowing them to be their authentic selves without imposing limits or judgements. Pride is love!

Meggle

Hi All 🌈

Thats beautiful @Oaktree 💜

What does Pride mean to you @Daisydreamer 

Pride for me is being able to show true colours and finding others who stand beside together. Pride is a community. Pride is helping change. 

Pride for me is showing my true colours in ways only I can see them, away from the Pride community and from change. I feel comfort in knowing there is a community but flying stealth doesn't allow me to join. It hurts so much to hide but I don't know if I could live with the consequences if I came out. But Pride month makes me happy because others might grow up free and able to be themselves.

Just tagging from other LGBT posts 🌈
I hope you don't mind 💙 Happy Pride 💚

@NatureLover @wellwellwellnez  @Former-Member  @The-red-centaur @Appleblossom @HappyCastle @Shaz51 @Sophie1 @Queenie @eth @Former-Member @Peonies @Former-Member @Eden1919 @SJT63 @outlander @nashy @Jynx @Fluttershy1 @TheVorticon @Schitzo @Rebel @Snowie @Adge @Powderfinger @Former-Member @Maggie 

Happy Pride all ❤🧡💛💚💙💜🤎🖤🤍🌈🌈

Pride to me means I can be who I am

Many years ago ( in the 80's in Qld ) we were forced underground due to homosexuality. We would express ourselves in hidden gay clubs at the risk of being arrested or for the Gay men, jailed.  Because of this Taboo, I watched many of my friends get  bashed, I saw friends incaserated, my friends risked their lives with unsafe sex and the majority ended up marrying into heterosexual relationships because of the expectations and shame. Pride to me means way more that rainbows, it means the ability to represent ourselves for who we are, being part of society without repercussions. It means safety, it means relationships, it means honesty. It's taking back the right to be human.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance