Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

Hello @Lily, @Former-Member HeartHeart

so good to see you here , enjoy

Two irish coffees coming up

Irish-Coffee.jpg

A sticky date pudding for @Faith-and-Hope

sticky date pudding.jpg

& Popcord for @Shaz51

popcorn.jpeg

Enjoy Shaz! I really enjoyed the movie - hope you do too!

Thankyou @NikNik for the coffee, I really needed that  and thank you for the popcorn Heart

@suzanne skinny lattes are definitely my favorite but might have to wait for tomorrow now. @Shaz51 hope that Irish coffee went down well and you enjoyed the movies. Friday night treat for us red wine, amazing hamburgers. Today was a good day:)

Hi @cheersquad, I am so glad you had a good day xx

coffee was great , enjoy your dinner

I would love to have a glass of red wine now , but I think i better wait until after the movie then I can sit down and relax

Thanks so much @NikNik.  

You're a peach !  :peach:  

That looks amazing !!

I'm with you on that @Shaz51.  

What a day !!

Doors closing and Windows opening faster than I could blink !

D3 ended up working from midnight through till 6:00am, recovering from intense pain the day before and sleep deprived, but put in a sterling job on her portfolio ...

By 6:00am she realised she just couldn't finish it in time for TAFE, and her class included a test which she was barely prepared for ...

She had a melt-down, said she was "over everything, too hard, not going to TAFE today, that's it, I quit" ... Stormed off to bed ...

I emailed the school counsellor, receiving a reply a couple of hours later saying D3 should just suck it up and turn up at TAFE anyway, portfolio unfinished and all, cos she would regret it later emotionally if she didn't, and whatever fee was needed for a re-sit of the test and/or extension on the portfolio should just be paid.  Onward, upward ... . I agreed !

Woke D3 at 8:30am, unimpressed, unco-operative, ran late, forgot her mood board for the makeup test, doubled back through peak hour traffic for it, arrrgh !! , arrived too late to sit the test ...

The tutor took one look at D3 and said she shouldn't be sitting the test anyway cos she clearly wasn't good for it, but don't worry, she could do a retest in a few weeks time, and hand in all outstanding portfolio and class work at that time, also pointing out that she wasn't alone by far, most of the class had missed the deadlines too.  Yay, oh yay !!  Dream come true.  Game not over ! ...

D1-would-have-been-the-model and I took D3 out for breakfast and laughed and played with her a bit to help pull her world back together ...

Came home and slept for an hour, both D3 and me ...

Dropped D3 at school to sit the test she had missed there yesterday ...

Came home to fall into a heap in front of an early movie tonight with whichever kids are at home, and it's the weekend !  Yay !! ...

anyone else feeling exhausted reading this ??

Enjoy the movie @Shaz51 ❤️

Enjoy the burgers and red wine @cheersquad 😊

Have a good weekend everyone 🌷

Former-Member
Not applicable

I'll have a Jasmine Green Tea tonight for bedtime nightcap. Had a lovely chat with my son & mum tonight. They're ok. Mums cancer is 'stable' & they've postponed surgery. I feel so at peace having connected with someone today. Was quite teary this morning.

Nice supper break, thanks for being here 😊

Oh @Former-Member, that's wonderful ❣

You must be so relieved.  It sounds about the best it can be at the moment, and that's good 😊

Have a restful night with all that peace of mind.  I am glad they are okay.

Great news about your son's pending graduation ... so thrilled for you both❣

@Former-Member

image.jpeg

Former-Member
Not applicable

TAWNEY

Senior Contributor

11:41 PM

Thanks @Appleblossom & @Faith-and-Hope, for acknowledging my wonderful news about my son. It's been so hard. Have something to look forward to with his grad,

he's given me notice not to get upset or anything, think he's a bit anxious his dad & i might cause a scene (childhood echos of family court battles & dvo dramas i suspect).

I hope, please pray i have enough strength to still stand proud, by myself. With the x & his new woman propping each other up, and his fiance's big family lined up together, me alone, watching my son up on the stage. Oh boy, scary thoughts, trying to get him to let me bring a friend.

The bpd pain of being left out, alone, not belonging, not wanted, not loved, abandoned... and my baby girl not there, Oh dear, crying just thinking about it.

Best just focus on the makeover - go see the hairdresser for a plan, lose some weight, window shop for outfits...

Thats CBT for ya, feel better again. lol

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance