Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

Yes I'm sure you're right @Smc Thanks for your encouragement.

Do you just use the pectin from the fruit skins (boiled up), or do you add Gelatine?

Adge

Former-Member
Not applicable

I love making jams and jellies but we hardly ever eat them so I end up giving them away.

Just found out the difference between jam and jellies the other day @Former-Member! Didn't think that fruit jelly was a thing here but it is. What's brewing tonight? 

Enjoying the feet up and a nice cup of hot chocolate! Smiley Very Happy

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Smc is probably the queen of home preserving here on the forum @Ali11 , I only dabble occasionally. In recent times have only made redcurrant jelly and crabapple jelly (from home grown fruit).

@Former-Member, I don't get as much done as I'd like.... it happens in fits and starts. Good thing that an occasional batch keeps us supplied for a long time.

Recurrant and crabapple jellies. Oh yum! 😄 Do you use them in sandwiches/scones, on meat, or both?

Former-Member
Not applicable

Mainly used jelly on toast @Smc .  Am hoping after we move I will get back in to trying new recipes again.

I'm looking at the undersized feijoas under a neighbour's bushes and thinking they'd be great for sweet pickled feijoas. Because it's been such a dry year, they haven't developed properly. They're about the size of my little finger, but still tasty. And I've got four cucumbers in the fridge that would make good pickles.

Unfortunately I've come down with a cold, so energy levels aren't great. Yes, I've been busy gardening and shifting furniture around regardless. Silly me.

@Former-Member @Smc Way to set the tastebuds going – these sound like the start of a delightful weekend feast! Hope you have a lovely day and you are on the mend soon @Smc.

Ta @Ali11. I'm feeling pretty blah today, so I'll try to take it easy. Have done the rare thing for me of staying home while the family heads in to church. Really wouldn't be nice to pass this on to everyone else, and I'm all woozy and tired too.
We live in a country town, and our church is in a nearby rural city. Younger Daughter has a school play rehearsal this afternoon, so hubby will stay in until she's finished. I've got the place to myself until dinnertime. Methinks it will be a very quiet day.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Smc  trust some of these may help alleviate symptomsimages.jpg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance