Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hoping to connect with someone

Hi all, feeling a little lost about it all… the who, the what, the where, the why, the, how. Still aiming to thrive seems I’ve been doing alright but just want to feel good all the time… 

don’t have any friends I could call at the moment, seems my friendships last 5-10years and then that’s it. they’ve been manipulative, controlling, narcissistic, sociopathic… some normal but I guess I don’t look normal, against the word of my psych, family… I don’t know that’s where all my problems stem I feel. 

working, but that’s been challenging, people seem they know you by looking at you, anything resonating with you?

family is the only thing has been by my side I feel very grateful for them… they don’t tend to like me much, but they love me… I’m 35 and feeling confused by all this things used to just flow for me, I want to go back to that, but it’s quiet hard and challenging given everything.

@Flying_Hams @TAB @StuF @SmilingGecko how are you guys doing? Sometimes my mind goes crazy and how I’m feeling at the time seems like it is right for everything at that moment, I’ve almost been broken, well… I just want everything to go my way for once. I don’t want to be controlled by other people actions, is that possible?

27 REPLIES 27
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Hoping to connect with someone

Hi @Former-Member 

Your first paragraph says you want to feel good "all the time"

I think you are aiming high.

A simple anology is if your Footy team gets defeated you may not be happy. But it is not the end of the world and one hopes the team, or we learn.

Parking at Christmas time hassles.

We cannot be happy all the time and that makes us stronger and aware of how to deal with things. Then we can look out for others.

Your last paragraph refers to being controled by others actions.

We are heavily governed with Fed Gov, State gov, local council, police, workcover etc etc.

Sometimes we have to accept more than we want to survive.

The Brady Bunch does not exist.

Sorry you feel so controlled

you've got plenty of time to make 'comebacks' @Former-Member  .. been there , done that . just stay away from situations where you can be controlled eg being a boarder, scams , wrong drugs etc. 

People are selfish basically 

Go to classes like WEA in S. Aust ok google it, people who have time on their hands and want to meet others go to things like that . pubs also

Hey @Former-Member 

I have no great words of advice or wisdom.

But as TAB said- you've plenty of time for "comebacks".

You seem a decent person with much to give and I hope that you find a groove somewhere soon...

You definitely will Not feel good "all the time" but I wish you more 'happiness'...maybe Satisfaction is worth striving for?

I know the sense of what you are describing @Former-Member

I'm only 6 years under you but sometimes i think about what would 23yo me think and do

All I can say is that I was a different person back then. I am now. I will be when I hit 36.

I guess my point in saying that is to remind you that you're a changing being. You're not fixed to do one thing, be one person type and stay that way forever you see. The years are getting quicker mate. We are all so connected to each other.

I think what you are feeling is normal. I feel it too. What's the point of it all? Idk. I am finding a desperate need to escape into literature nowadays. HAve some books I want to dive into.

You won't feel good all the time - I felt crappy before when making dinner and i buggered up the recipe. but I listened to a philosophy podcast and got to eat and wash and finish before my housemate got home. Was good timing. Silver linings like that are cool.

Try being compassionate to yourself. The fac t you are aiming to thrive is enough i think. This is good- to thine own self be true mate

@Flying_Hams @StuF @TAB @Former-Member .

feeling a bit better now, yeah I’m searching for happiness, strength, love and peace. But the normal part of me is saying you have to battle for all that, but yeah I feel some people have it easier. I got to look at where I’ve come from where I was yesterday. Thinking positive all the time is tough! Working on that.

thanks for taking time out to connect, I hope to see you guys more on the forums and see where it all goes! Hope you guys had an awesome day, feel like staying up a little tonight

,, bit by bit or as Iggy said in 90s Brick by Brick .. @Former-Member  dont bust yourself have a plan

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better @Former-Member 

Certainly hope to continue to see you on here 🙂

@TAB WEA, is that the workers educational association?

Da @Former-Member 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance