Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Oaktree
Senior Contributor

Group Fiction Writing.

Hi gang, 

I am part of another thread (started by @Sophia1) that is doing a kind of group story. It's so much fun so I thought that I would invite anyone who may be interested to start another story here. Basically this is how it goes. One person starts a little story and then leaves off part way through, then the next person comes up with the next part and so on. It's great because although the first person has some idea of what the story might be they don't know what the next person is going to emphasise or what direction they will take the story in. I don't know who may be interested but I will tag a few people that I have met along the way. Now you don't need to worry about being a good or bad writer. The idea here is to just let go of reality and enjoy yourselves a little. 

@Lilaca @Sophia1 @NatureLover @Ripples @Emelia8 @Shaz51 @Exoplanet @Appleblossom @Anastasia 

@Snowie @Zoe7 @Daisydreamer @HenryX @Bow @saltandpepper @Eve7  edited to include @bipolarbunny @greenpea 

My mind has gone to mush and I can't think of more tag names. Please feel free to tag all your friends also, the more the merrier. I don't know what the opening story should be about yet so if anyone wants to start us off be my guest 🙂

Love Meggle

58 REPLIES 58

Re: Group Fiction Writing.

Cool idea @Oaktree I will keep an eye on the thread 👍

Hey @saltandpepper 

I can't take credit for the idea. It's something that @Sophia1 started but I am loving it so much that I want to expand on it. The more people who play along the more we will have to read and let the creativity flow.

Thanks for your interest.

Meggle

A great idea @Oaktree 

Inviting so many people also at the same time reassuring them that they do not have to have a masters degree in literature.

An imagination would be handy

A sense of fun

An opportunity to be silly

A chance to let go of some inhibitions

A great invitation.

So who is going to start the story?

I cannot promise to be able to keep up with both threads, but will check in when tagged.

Enjoy

Sophia

Former-Member
Not applicable

I remember seeing a group story on the board in English class YEARS ago.

Challenge accepted...

If the eyes are the windows to the soul, May felt like she had stained glass windows. She didn't see things the same way other people did, but she felt like there was a charm in that. She had a unique view of the world. In fact, she had her own little world.

She remembered seeing an ad on TV, about how the smallest chips in a windscreen can get worse with time, or the moment you hit a bump. Sure enough, although it didn't take much, one day her stained glass mosaic came crashing down.

That was mildly terrible, but there you go.

@Oaktree 

@Sophia1 

@saltandpepper .

For May the day had started off as boring and mundane as any other. Her alarm clock had begun blaring at exactly 6:30am just the same as usual. She reluctantly rolled out of bed, gathered her toiletries and had a shower. Afterwards she stood in front of her closet for a while whilst she carefully considered what she should wear to school. Her wardrobe was a little different to the norm. She preferred clothing that was a little more on the unique side of normal but she didn't want to totally stick out like a sore thumb at school. 

@Former-Member @Sophia1 @saltandpepper @HenryX  and all

As she stood staring at her choices she recalled that is was "casual day". The school was raising funds for their talent show so the students could come dressed as they like and make a donation in return.

May stood staring and reached in to grab her favourite trusty pair of jeans, the ones with the patches sewn on of characters from her favourite show...

@Oaktree @Former-Member @Sophia1 @saltandpepper all here

When her soul still had colour, she would have chosen those Xena, warrior princess jeans;
but now everything was plain, not only had the colour gone out of her world but the light
was scattered through the cracks in a blinding manner. She was no warrior, she was not
brave nor did she possess strength. To get through this non-uniform casual day, she would
have to conform. So she put on a plain T-shirt & her newest pair of jeans, grit her teeth &
walked out the door . . .

She walked down the stairs and past the kitchen. She put her head inside the door to see her Mother enjoying her own breakfast before heading off to work. May was not in the habit of eating breakfast so didn't stop. She grabbed her backpack which was by the door and stepped out into the sunlight 

I wonder what's going to happen by the end of the day to May? It seems like something has been creeping up on her for a while?

@Exoplanet @Anastasia @Former-Member @Sophia1 @saltandpepper and all

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance