Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

@Former-Member  yes it is re sad death xxxx

@Former-Member  hey FiFi85 it poured here last night with wind and hail! crazy stuff!

@greenpea hey sweet pea, take care. Last day of isolation here. 

@Meowmy  hope you are feeling better sweetheart love pea😘

G'day forumites
Trying to be good to myself today

couldnt find the quote yest @Flying_Hams  but Mr Paterson used to dictate articles for Bulletin rolling on floor drunk apparently lol, well that's what his detractors said lol

Hey @Flying_Hams good plan, its always good to practice self care.  Its a really popular thing right now. I think it must have come from Deepak Chopra several years back.  The takeaway I learned from it is not to submit to unrealistic standards and be flexible instead of berating self for not living up to an ideal.  In todays world theres so much self punishing 💟

Good morning and good afternoon @Flying_Hams @SmilingGecko @TAB @greenpea @Meowmy @Ant7 @Peri @Shaz51 @Adge @frog @Former-Member @outlander @Appleblossom @HenryX @AussieRecharger @flybluebird @cloudcore @Daisydreamer @oceangirl @Emelia8 and all forumites here. Happy Sunday!

I’ve woken up a bit emotional for some unknown reason- probably stress- and I’m now having some serious thoughts about quitting uni. I’m getting TAFE sorted out again tomorrow (I hope!) as the staff member I need to speak to isn’t back from holidays until then. I just feel that uni will take too long to get the degree - around 7 years part time- and I don’t think I have the strength or motivation to last the distance. I thought I wanted to be a case manager and thought that uni would be the way to get that job but now I’m not so sure anymore. I just want to be able to stick at something, get a qualification and finally get a job in mental health. I’m not enjoying uni or the subject I’ve just started studying - sociology- and I’m looking to just do something and get a job. I’ll talk to my psychologist about this via email or at our appointment on Saturday as I’m not sure about things anymore. It could be depression sneaking in so I’ll wait and think about my decision a bit more. 

Sorry about the boring rant!

Take care!

Judi9877☺️🍀

Hey @Judi9877 hope your really really doing OK 

..yeah its a bit hard to see 7 years down the track @Judi9877  is there some sort of crossover or RPL with Tafe, they seem to talk it up, but reality a bit different sometimes.

Perhaps full time at uni is an option or full time for a year then part time again eg ? just throwing it out there

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance