Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

@DJMasters  Day is going ok thanks just been working in the back yard doing some drainage 😊

@Judi9877 Good morning I hope you are going ok 💙

@Judi9877  Sending some 💕💕💕

Hey @Judi9877 , thanks for the heads up! It's good to be able to take time out for yourself.

I went for a walk in the sunshine today and made sure I practised breathing - the very thing I LOATHE. I've done enough research to know breathing helps to regulate heart rate, hence anxiety and stress.

Im looking at going for another walk, particularly since I have internet connectivity issues today. I can't do much work without the internet! 

@WIP I want to assure you that you are not burdening us by sharing your struggles with us. If anything, it builds connection and rapport. I urge you and encourage you to continue persisting with trying something different and out of your comfort zone. The more you do this, the more your brain will adapt to this new way so that it will become almost natural. Growing pains can be difficult to manage, but when these neural networks in your brain have been formed, the pain goes away. Even if you don't like your company (for now), let us enjoy your company here.

The thoughts you are currently having remind me of the ditch I was in for many years. It all seems to be doom and gloom. This is the amygdala in your brain speaking. During amygdala hijack, the thinking brain is cut off. Do you think you can work towards regaining control of your thinking brain?

We are here with you in this. You are not alone.

Thinking of you,

BPDSurvivor

hi @DJMasters  hope you have a happy sunday too

Hi @Judi9877  sorry Melburnians/Vics does not sound good

Good morning everyone have a great day 💜

@Ant7  Good morning Ant7 hoping you have a warm and sunny day :Dxxx

@greenpea  good morning how are you doing today 💚

Good Morning @BPDSurvivor 

It was a tough day y'day. I spent time researching this new TSA the psych wants to introduce into my med mix and I just got myself in a spin. My gut was telling me it wasn't the right thing to do.

I reached out to someone who has helped me in the past as his words were - "Do not take xxxxx. It is a disaster!!!".  He supported my idea of trying a SSRI that I had taken successfully about 10 to 15 years ago, and adding something that has recently helped for sleep and calming me (non addictive). So I have a plan for my appt on Wednesday to express to the psych what I WANT to try. 
I felt a weight lifted after receiving this advice from somebody I trust immensely and gave me a bit of hope too.  A bit of control back into my thinking too - as you said below.

still woke up very anxious and the psych appt was my first thought. But, I have to push it aside and not worry until Wednesday. Just get through the next couple of days first.

The extended restrictions are unsettling me too, but I'm sure the rest of the state of Victoria is feeling a bit that way too. 
will your work be affected at all? Hope not.

enjoy your busy day.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance