Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning

Hello @Former-Member I saw your message this morning but didn't get around to responding.  Things haven't been the best here but I'm just going along with it. The diabetes causes severe constipation on some days giving me distress. Have to learn how to do an enema as my diabetes educator explained.   Well I guess I better get the day going. I have been wondering about you and your new job. Are you still house and doggie sitting? I really hope this new employment goes well for you. I had been meaning to get around to sending you a long post and finding out how you are going. Much love x

No longer feel like a square peg in a round hole
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hello Darling @SmilingGecko you poor thing all of that sounds so uncomfortable and not fair when you eat so well and walk so much.

Not house sitting anymore was only for last weekend but also got a x 4 day house sit next weekend - another 🐕.

Work is going well - love the clients and x 2 work mates seem to be great. Still early days though, but the money should be great - still waiting to be paid.

Missing my walking though and not eating so well 😥.

Any way, maybe all of that will pick up once I get settled.

Lovely to get your message.

Take care 😘

@Flying_Hams good morning hams, take care

Hello the lovely @Former-Member thanks for your message. So great to hear your new job is going well and you get paid more money $$$ 😈 Being on the pension is the pits. I'm glad you've found a way out of the system though which must be heartening to you.

I have an inheritance but stuck it in a disability trust so I am entitled to use it for essentials only. There is a strict caveat on the trust which means I have to send in forms saying what I need the money for. I had to do it as my ex wanted his mitts on the money. Last time I saw him he was cavorting with a wealthy Camberwell set where he did not belong and had a millionaire friend lol

You must be on some kind of housesitting registry. Its a great way to get a change of scenery and if necessary care for animals. I miss my pooch but realistically cant afford a new dog plus don't have a car to take a pet to ER.  I loved having a dog. My furball was a border collie x.

Have you thought of doing a meal package service or just loading up a slow cooker in the morning and come home from work with a beautifully cooked meal without having to do anything? I spoke to someone in the trucking industry and its really hard going and he used to come home exhausted and too out of it to cook. He just used to load up his slow cooker in the mornings and all he had to do was eat when he came home from work. Just an idea 🙂 

Yes things were really difficult yesterday.  Yes its hard living a diabetes lifestyle. Some days are better than others. But I keep going. Have los of respect for people living with it for decades

Must get going.

Enjoy your day at work today!

Hey @Meowmy
You too my good friend
Former-Member
Not applicable

Think I’m feeling it @Flying_Hams 

feeling what dude? @Former-Member
Former-Member
Not applicable

Good @Flying_Hams @addition of meds, hopefully not too late for work though, I figured my medication had me looking like a criminal, hence all the little issues will see what these meds make me look like… but to answer your question, you said square peg in round hole, but yeah I’m feeling a bit better

Good Morning @Former-Member  .. no one knows what other people are thinking .. that's a slippery slope ... just sayin' ..

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance