Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

@Shaz51 @I smell people smoking around me, and I'm sick of the games 

@Shaz51 @And by all the thumbs up yep I'm a joke. Can't wait until this is all over then, glad I could make you all laugh then 

Sorry @Ybother  wasnt sure whether you were talking about in real life or about being on here

Sorry no one is talking to you apparently

Hi there @Ybother, I'm not sure if something has happened on the forums to upset you so i'm going to check in privately via email. I hope you're ok.

Warmest,

Sphinxly.

@Sphinxly 

Im sorry but every thing feels like a personal attack.

I'm not sure if it's ever going to get better, all I know is I am hardly functioning.

I don't feel comfortable or safe anywhere anymore. It sux.

@Ybother 

Hello Artist,

The "thumbs up" signs are given by people wanting you to know that they are there and supporting you. For example, if you click "Support" at the bottom of this post, I then know that you have read and acknowledged my post by showing "Support". It is in no way meant to be other than acknowledging you and what you have said and giving you a sign of

"Support".

For the last couple of days, I have stepped out of the picture with you, because there did not seem to be anything that I could say that assured you of my care and concern. Consequently, I thought that you may have been able to talk with someone else who could understand your position better than I appeared to be doing.

There simply seems to be no easing of your pain. Not even a glimmer of light. I know that other people have offered and suggested different options. If you simply keep repeating that the system and everyone in it will not help you, that seems like a cognitive distortion. That is because we all know that the system is not perfect, but the majority of members on this site have sought help and assistance when they were determined to deal with and beat their problems. Sometimes, a person or agency does not meet their needs, but that just means a further search.

The one glimmer of light in your story was your reference to the "girls at the Salvation Army". But it seemed that when I responded to that comment, there was no more light.

I believe, from our conversations here on the forum, that you are an intelligent, very gifted person. That observation has been made by other people to you also. You are able to use your intelligence and giftedness for good outcomes, for your own health and, if you want it, your recovery. However, no-one can help you until you decide that you are prepared to seek and accept assistance.

Only recently on the site, and I think that I have told you, that four weeks ago I decided that, due to my circumstances, I needed the assistance and support of a counsellor to deal with some issues in my life. I said to her that I was:

"annoyed, that at my age, I was still dealing with issues that had their beginning in my primary school years."

But that's life. I can't change what has happened, but I can change or modify how I respond to the memories of the events and how I cope and deal with them. And If I need to seek assistance from someone who can help, I will, even at the other end of my life.

You are about half way through your life. You have choices. You can seek assistance if you want to. But yelling from the housetops, about your pain, will change nothing.

If there is anything that I can talk about with you that will improve your position, I will do my utmost, within the capacity available to me on this forum to help. But that will only ever make a difference if you decide that you want whatever help is available to you.

As you are always aware from my previous discussions with you

This note comes to you

With My Very Best Wishes

HenryX

Good morning everyone have a great day 😊❤️

Former-Member
Not applicable

I'm ok @Ant7 😲 you?
Former-Member
Not applicable

images (7).jpeg

Happy Solstice! ☀️🌙

@Former-Member  Good morning I am going ok thanks? How does your week look 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance