Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Gardening

Thanks @tyme,😊, you too.🥰

So true @ArraDreaming - Your post about your son asking for kinder has put a smile on my face. I remember what a challenge it was back then. How you've all come so far 🙂 Kudos to you all.

Mind you he still asks “dad are you keeping me safe” every time we walk in the doors, he eventually lets go and we’re all good @tyme I think wearing the hat helps 😂 

@ArraDreaming Before I became unwell in May I had been growing medicinal herbs and making creams. I also had a vegetable patch! I volunteer with my clients at the local community garden, which is still thriving so thats lovely to do that. We just planted some flowers like alysum in big concrete planters at my work. 🪴 

That’s lovely I hope you can get back to your veggies one day @Christheart  

Has anyone got a recommendation for a good covering for veggie patches?

I know there is heaps on the market, and in the past we’ve just made our own with bird netting but it’s actually getting really hard take on and off and also as spring comes around we’ll need the bird netting for our trees, and that stuff is expensive!!

Has anyone used anything good?

Bunnings had a couple of tent style pop ones but they will be too small unless we buy like 6 of them.

Mostly looking for protection from critters in the night… possums, bats, mice etc.

Bumping this thread back up because I’m sure there was a more recent one I can’t find!!! 
how’s everyone’s gardens doing at the moment 

@tyme I know you have multiple and we’re trying to get rid of weeds, how did that go? 

I do have a funny story from this weekend where I trusted my partner who wouldn’t even know how to keep a succulent alive to help weed one of the garden beds and she ripped out a whole budding rose bush right down to the root. Cheers for that. 
we do have a lot of nice flowers growing at the minute and our fruit is coming in!! 

also just got gifted an old bath for the garden any ideas?

Hey @ArraDreaming a garden bathtub sounds cool!

I'm very new to the plant life myself, but I'm enjoying learning how the plants are trying to communicate what they need, it's been a learning curve for sure 🌱

How about a herb garden in the tub?

That’s a good idea but we do have lots of herbs already growing…. Maybe a bird bath @Basil 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance