Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Finding strength

So I’ve ran into a few dozen or so bullies whilst out and about and it got me to breaking point, though I’m still wondering through life not having learnt from my experiences - I’m wondering of ways to find strength to go on, am fine now, but when I wake up in the morning it’s all I seem to think about. Though I see those situations as you win some you lose some - growing up I never had moments like this and it’s got me confused, am I not growing up, have I changed? Etc etc… I’m just wondering how the fellow community if you have experienced something this bizarre are handling these things… Ican go a couple days while I’m working without running into these people but what I found strange was that at a family gathering this little girl went out of her way to nearly spill a glass of drink out of my hand, the next moment I saw her she had a huge smile on her face, that’s when I noticed she did it on purpose, like the countless other people I have run in to whilst out and about. This isn’t normal right? It’s like I have a sticker on my head saying “I’m different”. But that little girl I found out later has problems, but still gives her no right to be a bully…. I don’t know just confused is all here, and finding ways to find strength. Will tag some forums friends to let them know I’m here @TAB @Flying_Hams @SmilingGecko @Shaz51 @Appleblossom @Anastasia @Bill16 @Historylover and anyone else passing by, happy Friday by the way

19 REPLIES 19

Re: Finding strength

Hugs my @Former-Member 

@tyme 

Sounds hard @Former-Member
Its hard to read situations like that isn't it
Former-Member
Not applicable

I don’t know feeling lost tbh @Flying_Hams 

Hey @Former-Member ,

I've run into such situations before. Upon reflection, sometimes I feel like a have a fluro placard on my head too! 

For example, within the space of a few months, I had many car accidents. Now, you may say that it's because of my bad driving. However, each accident has been not-at-fault. Think about it, how can I be at fault if my car is stationary at a red light, and a car rams up the back of my car? Another time, I was turning into a driveway and a car scrapes past my entire side. Then another time, my car was parked outside my house, when I heard "BANG!" A bike rider had cycled so hard into the back of my car that the bumper popped out, was dented and needed repairing.

So, can I say this is because I'm a 'bad' person, or I'm a 'different' person? I can, of course, but in reality, when I put my 'reality' glasses on, I don't really think so.

I hope that helps you gain some insight into your situation.

Kindest,

tyme

@Shaz51 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@tyme Now I’m gonna wait for an accident to happen 😂

Well when I told my sister about all the accidents... she pretty much joked and told me to get off the road because I was a liability....too many insurance claims lol @Former-Member .

But honestly speaking, if it's you, it's you. If it's not, it's not. I do believe it comes and goes in waves too. So look out @Former-Member ! 😂

tyme

umm sorta been there myself @Former-Member  lost a good job because of it like 12 years ago. Um was bullied at work, which was basically 'good natured' ribbing that got out of control and didnt stop once I couldnt continue on with it.

It's easy to feel like being the 'outsider' and some people feed off that.

best to talk to someone to get some objective opinion on what Is acutally happening vs what it seems like to you, not that it seems any less real. Yes old bullies still live in corners of my life, in the early morning shadows when you let your guard down and they come in ..

can you just stay home of go to different things for a while ? get some space maybe

thanks for the tag 😊

Former-Member
Not applicable

Finding my way @TAB @but trying things in the meantime, thought I could keep going out and no one would notice, but not the case lol I thought I had it all figured out but I guess I didn’t 

oh people can see if you think you are weird, you end up acting weird @Former-Member  i thought it was people you knew

ok for strangers category got in shouting match standoff with gang of like 6 kids who started yelling insults at me from park as I walked past

people who yell things cant really hear what were from moving cars etc just idiots 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance