Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

@Zoe7 glad to hear you Dad is getting the support he needs, even though he is still in hospital.

I hope you are able to get some time for yourself amongst the chaos.

Love you hon 💌💌

Morning @Snowie  ….. 💖❄️

One more day till the weekend @Zoe7 .  I hope you got some decent sleep ❣️

Morning @Faith-and-Hope hope your day goes smoothly.

Morning @Shaz51 @Zoe7 @Former-Member @TAB and anyone else around. Wishing you all a good day.

Almost the long weekend @Zoe7 💗

Hey @Snowie  sorta peaceful sitting in front of heater here, clean from shower, listening to dogs bark in distance. 

Going to 'big town' ok 20 mins drive from here for proper grocery shop.

Hop everyone has some good in their day. Saw new GP yest. Very 1970s, abrupt, gruff, ok rude. he said throat prob not as serious as I think, then I remembered GP in perth saying same thing. Haematology peeps from WA rang when got home, they forgot to tell me a follow up test for clotting factor had been negative. 

Guess what ? .. throat probs side effect of blood thinners .. so ..cya .. tooth not bee bother ing me either @Zoe7  weird hey .. Hi @Faith-and-Hope @Shaz51 @Former-Member 

@Faith-and-Hope @Snowie @Former-Member @Shaz51 @TAB Today was Pirate Day at school and how gorgeous were my kids 😁 ...but I was very tired so after lunch I put on some nice, soothing music and the kids drew or read. I was going to stop after about 20 minutes but they were so calm and quiet that I kept it going ...a bit different from the chaos we had before lunch when they decided to put on impromptu plays - so of course I went with it and scrapped all planning!!! One girl was so funny that she even had me LOL ...and several kids actually rolling on the floor laughing. I am glad it is the weekend though and even more so it is a long weekend - I need the break and to be able to catch up a bit. The last few weeks have been tough and hectic so it will be good to rest a bit and get caught up again.

Dad is home but still not helping himself - so I will be visiting this weekend and very firmly talking to him. I am the only one he is likely to listen to as I do not take his shite so we will see how that conversation goes. Mum is not doing so well either but mainly because se is worried about Dad. I do get it but have also told her that she needs to look after herself also.

A few days without family drama would be good but it is what it is and I will deal with it as it comes ...makes things a bit tough but I am trying not to give it much headspace otherwise it would be too much to deal with.  

thanks for sharing @Zoe7  nice. Perhaps you could go away by yourself for a weekend. 

Hey @Zoe7 ,

It's good to have a laugh considering everything happening at home.

Happy to chat about it if you want a listening ear. 

Please know you are not alone in this.

Can not go away @TAB - have fur babies to look after plus cannot afford to go anywhere. I am not complaining though - I would much rather be home with my fur babies than go anywhere.

@tyme I really do not know how I am hanging on presently - maybe it is just because I have to but maybe also over time I have become more confident at telling my family how it is. For most of my life I took their shite ....some not even intended to hurt but now I definitely stick up for myself and will have those tough conversations when needed. Mum and I get on better because of that but Dad has always been very stubborn (that is the nice way to describe his attitude and behaviour at times). I love my sister but she always knows best and really does not listen - so I tell her very little and actually talk wit her even less. I have not been able to tell any of them of my continued physical health issues - because there has not been any space for that as much as I do not need the added aggravation - so as usual, I have been doing it on my own ...but that is okay because that is easier for me. It does feel like things physically are beginning to turn a corner for the better but I also know any added stress would not be good - so for the next few days I am doing what I need to do and trying to put things into boxes to deal with as I need 👍

Fair enough @Zoe7 

Go easy and take your time @Zoe7 .

Hugs

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance