Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

Still haven't heard from the vet @Snowie so she is either completely swamped or forgotten (both are distinct possibilities). So will expect somethng tomorrow now - and hope for the best until then.

Goodnight sweetheart - hope you sleep well and tomorrow is okay for you Heart

Ditto @Zoe7  ^^^^

@Snowie ❄️

However @Adge that is not the meaning according to our Community Guidelines where many of the Mental Health 'speak' acronyms and abbreviations are listed - so whilst there may be a 'dictionary' definition, there is also a mental health 'speak' definition ...and if you google it, it will also come up with a psychiatrist or psychologist ...depends where you look for meanings I suppose 👍

I did Google it @Zoe7 Virtually all the listings were as above.

The point is that Abbreviation are easily misunderstood - As they can have many different meanings.

That's why I used Full Words, unless I am certain that people know exactly what I mean - which they may not know, anyway.

I wasn't being personal - not aimed at you at all.

Someone else was using pdoc term - totally unaware that the abbreviation is not Self-Explanatory (not clear).

Adge

I didn't take that personaly at all @Adge and totally get that abbreviations can mean different things in different spheres and for different people. It took me a while also to understand some of the terms used on here - some are still confusing as the guidelines say one thing for some but there are other medical terms for them also (which are not in our guidelines and should be - but that is another issue altogether).  Just highlighting that our guidelines do state what many of the abbreviations mean from a mental health perspective - probably know those guidelines too well lol

Sending understanding hugs my sister xoxo @Zoe7 

Hope the vet rings early in the morning  xx 

Hugs @Snowie  , @Faith-and-Hope , @Adge @@

Yes I hope the Vet rings you soon too @Zoe7 

Maybe I should read those inexplicable Guidelines again....

Smiley HappyAdge

I agree @Adge the guidelines are not at all user friendly and many parts are somewhat 'hidden' in amongst it all. Goodluck Smiley Tongue

How has your day been?

Have to go and get set up for my sleep study - needs to be done before 10pm so better get to it. 

Oh you're having a Sleep Study @Zoe7 I hope you do get some sleep.

I had to sleep over-night at the hospital Sleep Clinic, for my Sleep Studies.

I had several.

I was all covered in wires (stuck to me), could not turn over because of the wires - Did not sleep.

I can barely sleep at all in hospital beds, without the wires.

I hope it's more pleasant, for you.

I had a very bad Zombie-Like day, today - Totally exhausted/ Zonked.

Brain was not online.

Then picked up, started to feel half-normal by evening - Just a few hours before Bedtime.

Not very useful (that).

Smiley Very HappyAdge

Afternoon all @Adge @Faith-and-Hope @Zoe7 @Shaz51 

Hoping your day is going well.

@Zoe7 hoping the sleep study went ok last night hun and you have heard about Cat.

Love and hugs to all

💜💜

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance