Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: EVERYTHING DOGS

This is my little girl Abbey. Yesterday I had to put her down. She was blind and could only see shadows, almost deaf and had dementia. I was hoping to have her with me for another year, but her symptoms were getting more serious and she kept getting lost and distressed in the house.

Had someone help me dig a little grave for her, in the place she loved to lay and sunbake. She was buried and a little seedling marigold, that smells of pineapple when brushed against, was planted on her grave.

This is not a sad post. Although tears have been shed for many months, I feel ok about this being her time to pass.

She was a very gentle girl. She loved to lick my hands or feet, to show her love. Often it was the feet she licked, because that was all she could reach. She loved when kids would come over and give her a pat and cuddle. My big dog and Abbey often snuggled together one the one dog bed, even though they had a bed each, both inside and outside.

She will be sadly missed. But I am forever grateful that she was in my family for the past 12 years.

Love to all our special dogs that have passed over. 💓393185_10150608865867656_1599121750_n.jpg

Your little Abbey is a gorgeous girl @utopia . I am sorry for your loss 💔🐶 but happy to hear of the immense joy she brought you. 🌹

💜💐 @utopia ..... 💞

Thinking of you and your beautiful girl Abbey @utopia . What a blessing to share your lives with each other for 12 years. Take care and thankyou for sharing your lovely, loving story. RedHorse 🌹🐴

I'm so sorry for your loss @utopia 

What a beautiful tribute to your Abbey.

Thinking of you too @Clawde I'm sorry for the loss of your dear one.

Oh @Clawde 

I'm so sorry to hear you lost a special one recently. My condolences and big virtual hugs to you my friend. I'm thinking of you.Take care, RedHorse 🌹🐴

ohhhh sending you lots of tender hugs my @utopia HeartHeartHeart

hello and hugs my @RedHorse@frog@Faith-and-Hope@Bubbles3 

It has been over 12 months since Abbey was put down.  My Labrador grieved for a good 3 months. Even with such a big dog in the house,  it still felt empty without Abbey. 

Well on Wednesday,  we picked up a new member of the family.  A little Staffy x Kelpie named Nala.  She has just turned 12 weeks old.  She is exhaustingly energetic.  She bounces around like Tigger. And those times when she sleeps,  feels like heaven. And as you can see,  she doesn't care if she is half on her dog bed,  or half off of it.  Finally peace and quiet.  Lol. 

IMG20220615113932.jpg

IMG20220617222614.jpg

She’s so beautiful @utopia !

Here are my fur babies. Patty is the British bulldog and she’s 8 and Archie the Boston Terrier is 9 😍😍😍

69ED7548-1EC8-4A9B-801E-9F62F84669E9.jpeg

Awww @utopia , Nala is beautiful xx

@Faith-and-Hope , @Zoe7 

Archie and patty are awesome @hanami 

@tyme 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance