Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: EVERYTHING CATS!!

It's a cold night... Me cat has decided to camp on the beside table, on the folded up rug... 

Former-Member
Not applicable

I Recently adopted a kitten named baby Lily Bean.  When she turns one her name will be princess and when she turns twoher name will be queen.  Her birthday is December 26 2017 so she is a Christmas kitten.  

Former-Member
Not applicable

@eudemonism @Former-Member @Faith-and-Hope @Shaz51 @outlander

This is so cute!HeartCat Happy

so cute @Former-Member Heart

Hi @All my cat is called Purrpurr, she is absolutely beautiful, she has a wonderfully friendly, loving and gentle nature. I've had her since she was a kitten, she is about 18 months old, she's an indoor / outdoor cat. Her bed is on the bedside table, on the empty side of the bed, I put a rug there and she chose it as her cleaning and resting place, I absolutely adore her to tell her 'Daddy loves Purrpurr' everyday. She had four kittens before I got her desexed, they were all lovely, i founds homes for two and took the other two too the cat shelter (i feel very remorseful about this because I cared for them and wanted them to do well, be happy and healthy, be loved and live long lives and find good homes) they were a matching pair, beautiful colours and markings, symmetrical. I sort of wished I'd kept them for myself. As I'm now think about getting another cat, but am unsure if it's wise, due to the costs and extra responsibility. I love the therapeutic side of owning a cat, I love the companionship, the affection, and caring for each other. I love watching Purrpurr clean herself as it is super relaxing... I also have a dog to consider... I'm also thinking about a second dog... If I had more money and space it would be a sure thing... Can I get some opinions about my idea of a second cat?

@eudemonism

Purrpurr sounds like a beautiful companion cat for you. I originally had just one cat for about 6months then totally fell in love with a rescue kitty from the shelter that was at a pet shop.

My first cat, although a lovely boy, wasn't the cuddly, close kind. He's real sweet but has cuddles on his terms. When I got my second cat, there was a bit of an adjustment period but now they get along quite well and even sleep in the sweetest, cuddly position.

Yes, it's a bigger responsibility and cost, which is a struggle sometimes, but I wouldn't change a thing.

At the end of the day, it's your decision @eudemonism but two cats can also make the single one feel less alone, especially if you have to be away for hours at a time

@eudemonism

Hello,

i don’t know what I would do without my cats. I have one right next to me. She is a big cuddly Persian. I have 3 cats and did have 4 until one got very sick 😿. I still miss him so much. He was with me all the time. 

Yes it is expensive but they are my family and Wouldn’t have it any other way. The unforeseen vet visits can be a bit of a struggle so I have an incase if emergency credit card, only for emergencies. 

Purrr sounds lovely. 891913CD-4889-40C6-B803-C2CA5B59FCB4.jpeg

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Kitten @NikNik @Sans911 @eudemonism @outlander 

Hi, @eudemonism there will be new baby kittens everywhere in Spring. I hate to think what will happen to so many of them. If you can give a Baby Kitten, or even an older kitten a safe, & loving forever home, then how wonderful. Another female would be more suitable as far as I'm concerned, as a male will be wanting to mate with your spayed female. My male cats are all neutered, yet they still want to try & mate with my females which causes, cat wars every day.

If you phone Animal Welfare, you may be able to give a kitten a home, & they pay for the Spaying of your kitty. You are on a DSP, so that entitles you to their help, I hope what I sudgested is of help to you.

Love & Hugs!

Bella xo  :)Cat Happy

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Former-Member thanks for replying. What lovely writing you have? Yea, I trying to see If my ndis plan can cover the costs of adopting a second dog and cat for myself. Will have to plan, think an manage my way toward the end goal though. It's a big responsibility... I've I've rang the the rspca shelter and they've given me prices for adopting cats, puppies or mature dogs. Very pricey once is all added up, but when you do it through them, all the major initial care expenses are already taken care of. Definitely going to be putting some thought into this idea. Eude.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance