Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Snowie
Community Guide

EASTER HOLIDAYS PERIOD

Hi all,

I know the Easter period can be hard for some, especially those without family and/or friends around.

I thought I would make a thread so that people can come together to share the holidays in a supportive place. So whether you would like a place to chat, some support or just a place to chill, then you are welcome on the Easter thread.

Please feel free to invite anyone here to share this special time together.

easter.jpg

104 REPLIES 104

Re: EASTER HOLIDAYS PERIOD

Great idea @Snowie Thank you ❤️

@Snowie  Thanks Snowie will be around this Easter so will definitely pop by. Hi @Eve7  hope you are doing well hunny. Love peaxxx

Awesome idea @Snowie 

Hi @greenpea @Eve7 @Snowie 

I will definitely stop by over the Easter period. Love to you all OG

Former-Member
Not applicable

I feel like a bit of a dummy. 

I was told that you're allowed to work on both Good Friday and Easter Sunday, but you have the choice and you get paid nonetheless. If you do work then you get penalty rates. So I turned up to work and no-one was there 😂.

I work in nightfill, so I could have slept if I knew that I didn't have to work 😕. This puts the other two days in doubt too, I'll have to ask my manager. Like if the store is closed tomorrow (on Friday), there's nothing to refill tomorrow night! I'm assuming we have the day off.

Anyway, HAPPY [...] EASTER! ❤️I am probably going to celebrate by reading two books in their entirety, watching football and going out with my family for dinner on Saturday night. Easter Monday is my birthday, too 😊. SHHH, I want it to be a surprise! 😉.

Many thanks to a couple of people who have interacted with a lot of my posts recently and made me feel listened to. @Appleblossom and @Daisydreamer from memory. Also, @oceangirl, tagging you because your name is lovely and you are too 😊.

A toast to whoever is reading this, though 🍫. Raising a toast with chocolate instead of alcohol should become a tradition.

Hi Snowie, even though I will not be alone for Easter, I want to encourage those who will be. I've had my ups and downs in the past for Easter, so I understand Easter being a stressful time for some. 
Praying God's blessings and love to be with those who will struggle. and comfort where it's needed, roses 🌹 

What an awesome idea 

@Emelia8  very concerned about you sweetheart. You are so quiet. Sending you calm and caring thoughts today. Love you. peaxxx<3

Hi @greenpea ... I'm okay Pea, but thank you for your concern. Yes I have been quiet I guess. And have visitors yesterday and today. Son of one of hubbys friends, plus his 2 kids, travelling through. So the 8yo girl and 5yo boy are wearing me out. 

I read elsewhere that you are not doing so well yourself right now. I'm glad your ex is spending time with you over easter. How is your easter bunny going? I got my Hollys blood test results back yday evening, when the vet rang me. Its confirmed she has Cushings disease. An adrenal gland malfunction which means her adrenal gland pumps out too much cortisol. 😔🐶 So that makes me sad.

Emelia

@Emelia8  Oh so sorry to hear about Holly :(. Hugs to both her and yourself sweetheart.  Easter bunny is doing wel with his dodgy eyesight. I keep him inside where it is safe for him to move around and is away from predators. Take good care of yourself over easter make sure that you get lots of rest. Love peaxxxHeart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance