Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Anyone keen to guess the movie quote?

I'll start us off with a few easy ones:

"I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse"

"Life is a box of chocolates"

"Open war is open you, whether you risk it or not"

Your turn next 🙂

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Anyone keen to guess the movie quote?

I like this very much @Former-Member ! Unfortunately, I don't watch movies, so I'm out, but it's such a good idea!

@Former-Member wrote:

I'll start us off with a few easy ones:

"I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse"

"Life is a box of chocolates"

"Open war is open you, whether you risk it or not"

Your turn next 🙂

I have a nasty feeling that I might end up being banned from this thread, in the interests of giving others a go. 😋

Nonetheless:

1. The Godfather

2. Forrest Gump

3. I'm gonna assume that was meant to be: "War is upon you whether you...", in which case, it would be Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers.

Okay; my turn.

"I hate manure."

"There's always a way to blow up explosives. The trick is not to be around when they go off."

"I've been swimming in raw sewage. I love it!"

"This is not a boating accident!"

That last one actually has two possible answers. Bonus points if you can name the less famous answer, and why it's so ironic.

It’s definitely “open war..” haha. I watched a clip of it just then. 

But 3/3, well done @chibam !! 

1) Back to the future 3 parts 1 - 3

2-3) Pass - anyone else? @Jake63 @Scarecrowe @TuxedoCat @Meowmy @Shaz51 and EVERYONE!!!

4) Jaws

Life is a box of chocolates:

- Forest Gump.

From memory though, I think the quote is "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you will find inside.

@Former-Member wrote:

1) Back to the future 3 parts 1 - 3

2-3) Pass - anyone else? @Jake63 @Scarecrowe @TuxedoCat @Meowmy @Shaz51 and EVERYONE!!!

4) Jaws

Absolutely correct on #1 & #4, @Former-Member ! 😊 If you haven't seen the source of #3, you don't know what your missing! I thoroughly reccommend it, once the answer comes out.

@Former-Member wrote:

It’s definitely “open war..” haha. I watched a clip of it just then.

Quite right. I missed that first "open". 🤔 Funny the way we remember things. I must've seen that film a dozen times, and would've sworn that line began with "war". Oh well...

(a) This is the busiest time of year, this is a crazy time, it just goes bonkers. It's as silly as a bum full of smarties.

(b) "I just know that with that man on the throne my department will sell more toys than it ever has. I just feel it."

(c) "There's three things in this world that you need: Respect for all kinds of life, a nice bowel movement on a regular basis, and a navy blazer."

I wouldn’t know where to begin with these Jo-AnneJoy. Maybe a movie coinnessure will drop by and get these ones right!

chibam, it sounds like an interesting film - this is a good way to find out films to put on the watch list. 

I might alter the rules of the quiz - please leave some hints if people aren’t guessing them 🙂 

@Former-Member wrote:

I wouldn’t know where to begin with these Jo-AnneJoy. Maybe a movie coinnessure will drop by and get these ones right!

@Jo-anneJoy's ones stumped me, as well. #1 and #3 have a British air in their language, the reference to a throne in quote #2 likewise seems to skew more British than American.

Quote #3 reminds me of Rowan Atkinson. I know he was always obsessed with his "bowel movements" in "The Thin Blue Line".

@Former-Member wrote:

chibam, it sounds like an interesting film - this is a good way to find out films to put on the watch list. 

I might alter the rules of the quiz - please leave some hints if people aren’t guessing them 🙂 

Fair point. I might as well go first:

2. "There's always a way to blow up explosives. The trick is not to be around when they go off."

It's an old WW2 movie about guns.

3. "I've been swimming in raw sewage. I love it!"

Priscilla Presley is famous for two things: marrying Elvis, and...

Movie quote #1  Kenny  (homegrown aussie movie)

Movie quote #2  Miracle on 34th Street (1947) (said by the CEO of Macy's dept store in New York in glee as he anticipates huge profits from the new "Santa")

Movie quote #3  The Fisher King (said by the legendary Robin Williams)

Now run along everyone and stream these movies ... there's going to be a test!  

@Former-Member @chibam 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance