Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: All Things Sport...

I don't work public holidays or weekends as I am too expensive @Zoe7 

They only put the young school kids on cause they are cheaper. so I go back to work on Tuesday.  So the normal 4 days off.  

Well I am going outside to do some gardening while the sun is out and then probably have a nanna nap since I have been up doing housework since about 7.  Don't sleep in like I used to do.

Great to chat.  Glad you are doing well my friend.  I will try and be online more often.  Now that Easter is over hopefully it won't be totally insane at work, but who knows lol.

Take care and keep smiling.  Blessings to you @Zoe7  @Flying_Hams  and to Toby and Cat.

HeartHeartHeartHeart

Enjoy the garden and sun while you can @Scarecrowe We are not expecting the nicest of days for a few days so any sunshine you can get is good. It is wet and cold here this morning so I am going to cuddle up with Toby soon myself and probably have a nanna nap too. Been up since 6am 'cos that is when my fur babies get me up ...no slepping in for me either - Tobes and Cat do not get weekends lol

So lovely you have checked in and we could catch up a little. Look forward to the next time you can log on. Love and hugs to you Hon Heart

I think further restrictions are unlikely though because the curve is going down and less and less cases @Zoe7 @Scarecrowe

All I can say is that I'm glad to be in Australia because of our competency in the health system unlike the US.

@Scarecrowe Missing you Hon and hope you are coping okay Heart

Hi @Zoe7 @Flying_Hams @Scarecrowe @Shaz51 @cherryblossom13 and all sports lovers here! Long time, no sport!
The great news for NRL lovers is that NRL started on Thursday night with Parramatta getting the points over the Broncos. The Cowboys and Roosters also won last night with several games still to be played with my team, the Melbourne Storm to play against the Canberra Raiders tonight. Go the Storm! 

AFL is due to resume soon so I'm also looking forward to seeing how my Brisbane Lions go.

Enjoy your sports, friends!

Former-Member
Not applicable

Morning @Judi9877 ... yes its very exciting with the NRL footy back this week.  And the AFL not too far away too.

I was happy to see Parra with a win over the Broncos on Thurs night.  I know @Zoe7 would have been happy with her boys.  Your team Storm, plays my team Raiders tonight .... go Raiders!  😊  The green machine and Viking Clap will prevail.  I hope.  I will think of you while watching Judi.  😉💓

@Scarecrowe ... you have not been around for a very long time now.  I think of you often, and hope you are doing well.  

Sherry 🏏🏈🏉🏃‍♀️

Hi @Former-Member @Zoe7 @Flying_Hams @Shaz51 @Scarecrowe and all sports fans here. I hope you are having a great week supporting your teams, players and everyone involved in your favourite sports. 
As for me, it's back to supporting the Melbourne Storm once again despite losing to Canberra Raiders last weekend in the NRL. We're playing the South Sydney Rabbitohs at home tonight so let's hope the boys can get a win on the board. I will admit that I was happy about Parramatta Eels winning but can't believe that the Brisbane Broncos lost so badly last night against the Sydney Roosters. Oh well. That's the wonders of sport! 
Next weekend starts the AFL so that should be fun. Maybe Brisbane Lions can actually win! 
Time to start cheering again! May your teams win! 

Footy is back @Former-Member @Scarecrowe but it is just not the same. 

Hi, @Zoe7  you were one of the first people to support me on this forum. I just want to say how much I appreciated your kindness and I appreciate that you like the footy!!

I knew from the start what a great person you were.

I'm still in hospital battling my demons but I hope it's ok to join you on this "All Things Sport" page.

Take care

I do remember when you first joined @Eve7 then I took some time out. I was really pleased to see you had so much support and you seemed to be developing some closer bonds - that was both encouraging and positive. Sorry to hear you are still in hospital but great that you are receiving that support 👍 I have not been able to get excited about the footy returning and watching it tonight has not changed that. Maybe when my team plays I may be able to get into it a bit more - wait and see I suppose. I watched the NRL last week but felt much the same - and my team won so that pretty much says where I am at right now Smiley Sad

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance