Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: 🖤 💛❤️ National Reconciliation Week 2021 - Week long discussion

Here is the watercolor Palm Valley by Albert Namatjira at the Art Gallery of NSW. It was painted in the 1940s.

Palm Valley, watercolor, painted 1940sPalm Valley, watercolor, painted 1940s

@TideisTurning  I agree - it could start with words but it is much more meaningful and impactful if the words are followed by actions. Over the next few days, I'm hoping that this discussion can generate some ideas for each of us to take action. 

@eth - glad to have you here with us! What you said at the end "Sorry means you don't do it again" is spot on. 

@Shaz51 thank you for sharing that Heart 

@Mazarita That is so beautiful Heart  🖼 

I live on land that is part of the Kulin Nation. Will not say the clan name, as it would identify my location.

My town name in local language means "Joy". If you ever visit my town and district, you will know why it is called that.

Friday 28/05

What does reconciliation mean to you?

@utopia Thank you for acknowledging the land you are on and for sharing the meaning of your town name.
You and @Shaz51 have inspired me to look into and understand more about my local area language. 

If you are anything like me @Peonies , once you start researching the first peoples who walked your land, you will become addicted to finding out more and more about their history and also the history of the land itself.

Happy researching. 😊

Hi @Peonies @Mazarita @utopia @Shaz51 @TideisTurning  and anyone else who's here.

To me reconcilliation means listening to each other and finding  a way forward that works in a healthy and healing way for all parties involved.  

Specifically addressing the separation of children from culture, deaths in custody, and closing the gaps in health services and education (including teaching true history) and housing.  Teaching local language in schools is important too.

once you start researching the first peoples who walked your land, you will become addicted to finding out more and more about their history and also the history of the land itself. -- very true @utopia Heart
Happy researching. 😊 @Peonies 

hello @eth@Mazarita@TideisTurning@Schitzo@Sophia1 , @StuF , @Judi9877 , @NatureLover , @Former-Member , @Acacia , @outlander , @frog , @Faith-and-Hope , @jem80 , @BPDSurvivor , @Dadcaringalone , @Smc , @Determined , @Sophie1 , @Exoplanet , @Daisydreamer , @BlueBay , @oceangirl , @Owlunar , @Former-Member , @Emelia8 , @Olga , @bipolarbunny , @greenpea 

To me reconcilliation means listening to each other and finding a way forward that works in a healthy and healing way for all parties involved.  very true @eth 

for myself , we all played and grew up together , as we are in a small town and we played together , went to school together , 

for me being friends with all cultures , I learnt about the stories of the area and the stories which were handed down  and  the friendships i have are still alive today 

Hello @Shaz51👋

I like the way you said this @eth and enjoyed reading this discussion thread
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance