Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

greenpea
Senior Contributor

voices

I wanted to ask in amongst the general voices that I hear there are ones which wake me up or start talking when I am going to sleep. I have told my psychiatrist about them and he says not to worry about it it is normal for that to happen to some people. Does anyone else hear that?

4 REPLIES 4
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: voices

Nope @greenpea, I dont hear voices.  I see things, but I dont hear things. But I guess your psychiatrist should know what he's talking about.  Perhaps it is normal for some.  Is it like voices in your head, or as if someone is there talking to you?  Sorry I guess I dont really understand what its like.

Sherry

@Former-Member Hi Sherry it is voices outside of my head. Can be laughing, male voices, female voices, some are audible other times it can be whispering.

Hey @greenpea, as you know I do hear voices. Even though they have been 'behaving' of late, I still hear them when I am drifting off to sleep. I told my psychiatrist and he said these could be hypnagogic hallucinations which apparently are quite normal. Me being normal, go figure eh? 

@Queenie Hi Queenie!! Thought I might get a yes from you lol. Hmmm ... just makes you wonder given our mi that we both have put our hands up to having this happen. Hope you are keeping well. Love gp xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance