Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

@Former-Member @outlander HeartSmiley Happy

Sherry, hope you have some mail / packages waiting for you at home by now!!  

Outlander,  have a nice day today and catch up on some rest.  How has your sleep been going?  I often struggle if I nap through the day.  Frustrating when I feel more tired than usual sometimes.

Hi @Sans911@Snowie@Maggie@CheerBear @Exoplanet 🙂

Roadrunners  Mr and Mrs @Shaz51 -- beep beep 🙂 Heart

@Maggie 👋

i cant sleep in the daytime @Gazza75 even if the rooms dark etc. ive never really been like that. have been sleeping a few hours each night which is ok for me.

@CheerBear just noticed your new pic. very fitting for you 🌈

Haha yep "oooh shiny things" is me @outlander. It's ridiculous how much of a nice distraction my new sparkles are 🙂😊

Hope today's going OK for you ❤

yeah @Exoplanet i know theres different thicknesses or something even for dissolvable stitches and since the gaps are so large and deep it wouldn't surprise me if its intended to last longer then usual.
its been just under a week now, one side the swellings really gone down but the other side isn't matching so i look like a chipmunk whose only stuffed one side of its mouth lol.
ive heard of ensure and sustagen, might look into them though i wasn't a fan of the taste of either of them. ive still been eating healthy but its basically pureed or made into other things like pumpkin or potato or milkshakes made with real fruit such as strawberries.
cold doesn't help after 36 hours so i use abit of heat but the heat pack i have is to heavy so i put a face washer in the dryer for a few minutes till its rather warm and use that except at night i just deal with it then.
yes salt water rinses are happening a few times a day.
love and hugs to you 💛🧡

LOL good one @CheerBear 🙂

I'm easily distracted by most things, especially if I'm at work ! 😉

@outlander, glad you have been getting  a few hours each night 🙂

i did see your new sparkles @CheerBear and they are very pretty. im surprised you haven't coloured your hair another bright colour 😏
i am bored which is making me think but i don't have much energy to do much still. its becoming very frustrating indeed.
hows your day going?

@Sans911 👋💜💜

Colour will happen again soon @outlander 🙂 The kids at school have been pestering me about it every day haha.

Bored but no energy is frustrating. Sounds like you could use a distraction but figuring out what could work for you right now is tricky given you're still recovering from last week (I think?)

My day has been a day. I was up at silly o'clock stressing over things. Had a meeting that was a bit tense. Then an appointment to meet a new support worker who didn't make as last minute my support coordinator worked out I won't have enough funding in the category I need it in. Support co-oordinator came instead to try and work it out. I'm a bit crashy now and am chilling out with a cat and YouTube on the lounge at the moment. I'm cool with that though 🙂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance