Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

Yeah i really dont know what to do now. I had a look for another surgeon which no surprise they are still around the same area as my current one but they arent public which also means huge fees even with insurance. I cant even think about trying to afford it. Im seeing my surgeon in another month like she said but now it feels abit hopeless taking that trip all the way there.

It is tiring trying to deal with all this  im trying my hardest not to be a cranky :pile_of_poo: but its not working out to well. 

How are you holding up? @Sans911

Oh @outlander I was so sad to read your updates today. You deserve so much better. Please don't blame yourself, it is not your fault at all.

I don't know what else to say, but I'm sending hugs and love. Here for you 💜💚

@greenpea @Gazza75 thank you for your support as well 💙

Thank you @Molliex

@outlander, ughghg Doctors and alleged medical professionals.

Try and stay positive, know its hellishly hard sometimes. ❤️💜❤️❤️

IMG_20191119_172247_678.jpg

Not so great atm @outlander. Although my medical problems aren't as significant or as visible as yours, I'm tired of it all and tired of everything else. I didn't sign up to this life much life any of us did. I just need find a way to live with myself.

lovely pic @Gazza75 the sea life ones are interesting to see progress along

Definently hearing you on the tired of literally everything. @Sans911
did you end up hearing from your psychologist? and howd your pdoc appt go yesterday?

I see my pyschologist on Thursday midday. I've no idea how it'll go, whether I'll continue with her. Lots of things to talk about first with what's happened in the last few months, what my future expectations will be and what I want from sessions. I won't be able to think about the next steps until these current issues are addressed.

I told my pdoc that I have stopped taking meds. She didn't look or act surprised. She said she was a bit concerned about my mood so will see me in a few weeks instead of a couple of months. She also thought it might be an idea to find another counsellor as a back up when my pyschologist isn't available or away. There is a gov org near the city that has low cost trained counsellors which I've already looked into. I can self refer.

@outlander 💜 💜

I am relieved that your psych actually did contact you and now you've got an appointment. I hope this session will go ok or at least get something out of it. a few months is a long time when things build up so don't be to disheartened if you don't get through everything.

Im glad your pdoc is showing concern and being supportive of you and will see your more often as well. you deserve to have these supports in place.

Your pdocs idea of having a backup psychologist is a good one. the low cost but trained counsellors might be a good option for you if you need them or as an option if you decide to change psychologists.

@Sans911 💜💜

@Former-Member 👋 hows your evening going?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance