Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: dealing with loneliness and social isolation as carers.

Hi there @Determined 

No visiting it and will make it hard but the fact its completely out of our control means we dont talk about it much which I think helps. 

Baby is going very well, shes 7 months now. Time goes so quick. Mr Jones is a stay at home dad so him being away makes it hard trying to find care for her whilst I need to work full time 😞 

How are things for you and the family @Determined ?

All holding together here @Mrsjones 

We have much to be grateful for.

hugs @Determined@Mrsjones , @Former-Member , @Sophia1@Blip HeartHeart

The loneliness is hitting hard tonight. 

Talking with Mr Jones this afternoon/ evening over text whilst his in hospital and I can't keep up with the negative comments. 

The 'what's the point of trying, I'll just be here again in a couple months' , 'im never going to be happy' and so on. 

It takes a piece of me everytime. I see myself as extremely supportive but I feel his not respecting my opinions and recommendations. 

Why aren't the kids and I a motivator for strength? 

How is this sustainable? 

Hard times @Mrsjones 

Hard to know what to say.   Here listening though. 

Thinking of you @Mrsjones 

Some of the emotions you have expressed are like a distant memory yet still so fresh.

Talking through my thought and feelings here on the forum helped me get through some pretty dark days. While I may not always know what to say I am here to listen and sit with you. 

@Mrsjones how are things? Are you okay? The loneliness is hard isn't it? Though I guess I'm at the other end of the spectrum... MsJ is home all the time now as she was in the middle of a barber apprenticeship. Sadly that seems to have been the thing keeping her steady. Your comment about why aren't you enough of a motivator cut me to the core tonight and the tears flowed! We had a particularly hard week last week and it felt to me like our marriage was the thing that was going to give. I don't have any answers but I know the thoughts running through your head all too well. I'm sorry x

Hello @547@Romi@OMG12@B_01@bundybird@alwaysangry 

how are you today 

come and meet some other carers 

@Jay-e@Determined@Mrsjones , @Former-Member , @Sophia1@Tortoiseshell@Jupiter 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance