Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

aeiou says hello

hello

i’m new here. i don’t really know what to say so I say hello.
26 REPLIES 26

Re: aeiou says hello

Hello @Former-Member welcome to the forums! I'm going to tag you in an introduction thread ...

Hi @Former-Member ☺ Nice to 'meet' you.

There are heaps of people around who will be able to help you settle in if you have any questions. One tip I was given when I joined is to put the @ symbol in front of someone's name to tag them if you'd like.

Hope you find the forum helpful.
Former-Member
Not applicable

thank you @CheerBear
nice to meet you too.
i think i’m a bit lost.

hello @Former-Member

just starting with your story is the beginning my friend

we are here for you and to let you know you are not alone my friend

any questions you have , ask away xx

what kind of photography do you like doing @Former-Member xx

I love your picture xx

It's a pretty big place @Former-Member - it can be easy to get a bit lost I think, especially when we first join. You started a new thread, uploaded a profile pic and posted on the intro thread - you're off to a great start!

There are social spaces for chatting about anything and everything really, and in that section are some general chat threads. You can search for specific topics using the search bar if you'd like to also, or share some of your experience and story if/when you're ready.

Amazing colours in your profile pic!
Former-Member
Not applicable

my story
i have bipolar 2 and ptsd. i don’t know in what order. i have asperger too, but i don’t think that’s a mental illness?
bad things happened to me in my childhood and i forgot about that for a long time. i studied and worked and then i got sick. i lost my job and they were cruel to me about being sick. now i’m at home and trying to get better. i want to work again some day.
i like painting, photography and being outdoors.
are there people here who have ptsd or mental illness and asperger- or are on the autism spectrum?
are there people here who have ptsd or bipolar?
are there people here who got problems at work?
thank you.

I'm sorry to hear about the bad things that have happened @Former-Member.

There are lots of people here who live with bipolar, others who live PTSD (I have PTSD) and people who also live with developmental disorders. Some people live with a combination of different mental health diagnoses/challenges. There are also lots of people who are not working because of their mental health, people who are trying to return to work, people who do work... Something I've learned from being here is that, as much as our experiences are unique to us, we're not alone in our struggles and with the challenges we face.

I'm heading out for a while but when I come back I'll post a link to some threads you might be interested in reading or checking out, unless someone else does.

Looking forward to seeing you around ☺

@Former-Member great picture! I have bipolar 1 and generalised anxiety disorder. And I have trouble with work, off and on. I felt quite lost here at first. Just navigating and getting to know people was new for me. I haven't been on any other forums. It's worth persisting. Hopefully see you around Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance