Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Yet another chapter of self discovery

Hey @eth. I see a psychologist that specializes with pregnant women. I made sure to find someone that would fit my needs at the time. She is still helping me now with that postpartum because she knows my history. I have never seen a psychiatrist before but may do some research to see if it would be beneficial for me.
I have looked through the panda website and it has given me alot of information. My gp suggested to look at the site and call if I do need to talk to someone.
I have not heard of these hospitals you talk about but quickly looked and it seems you would have had alot of support in them. During hard times that support can be so detrimental. I'm glad you got the extra support when needed.
Since becoming a mum I definitely see the pressure they put on you to breastfeed. It is quite disgusting in fact. Not all people can do it and when you can in the beginning and all of a sudden have issues you feel like a failure. We know how important breast milk is but if you can not breast feed you should not be shamed.

hey @Blep just coming to show my support. a little unfoccused tonight so finding it abit hard to read many posts. wanted to stop in and say hello though

Thanks @outlander! Maybe do a little self care like a warm bath and have an early night. Take care 😊

Hi @Blep thanks for sharing your story here. It's great you found a psych that works in such a specific area and that you've found so helpful. 

Sorry @eth I had logged off before you tagged me so I didn't see it until now. PANDA is a great suggestion for @Blep. They offer telephone counselling and also referral to supports in your local area. Might be helpful to know what support is available in your area to help you through this time Smiley Happy

PANDA Helpline

1300 726 306

9am-7.30pm Mon-Fri (AEST/AEDT)

Hi @Blep  👋 

I have read back through the thread, and I agree so much with how others here have responded.  You sound like a wonderful mum ..... and further down the track of raising your son the issues that you struggle with at the moment inform your developing parenting style ongoing ..... so you are doing an amazing job of recognising how, what and why you need support, and how to access it.  This will become an example to your son as well, about not trying to go it alone in the challenges and struggles of life .... that we need and deserve support from others around us.  You are building your support community for your family, not just yourself ...... go you ❣️

Thank you @Faith-and-Hope for taking the time to read it all and your kind words.

Re: Yet another chapter of self discovery - my introduction

Hi @Blep,

I can totally relate, I had post natal depression after my last child who is now 8. I had no idea what was wrong with me! No energy at all. I did have complications after child birth, so I thought it was physical. I also had trouble breast feeding and felt bad about it. I went on anti depressants which helped a lot, even though I didn't want to. My best advice would be, if you feel like you can still breast feed, do it, if you feel like you can't, don't. I felt pressured that breast was best but I wasn't coping with it. 

You're doing the best you can! Also, keep up psychiatrist appointments and if there's a mum's group for people that have struggled with post natal depression, go to it. It helped me a lot, to know I wasn't the only one feeling this way. 

Hope I helped a bit and you're doing an awesome job!!!!😊

Hi @Blep , my apologies for just reading your post now.

I'm so sorry that you had a cyst, I actually did too, no one knows how long for, what caused it and so forth with me. I had a surgery in November 2018, my first surgery. They were going to remove 1 of my tubes & 1 of my ovaries, but luckily I have both still. I'm on the pill to help me with this, and to prevent it from coming back, and whatnot.

I'm also sorry you had such a struggle with depression, and you trying to have a child. I'm glad you have one now, congrats to you and your husband. I'm glad Medicare paid for it and it helped you so much.

I'm sorry about your breastfeeding issues too, that's sad. I hope things improve for you. 

Thinking of you, and my apologies to talk about myself for a bit there, just wanted to tell you that I had the same experience with surgery and the cyst. I'm ok now yes, I have a big scar from my belly button to my pubic bone but thats all healed nicely and whatnot.

My cyst was 45cm and luckily mine wasn't cancer either, some sort of fluid, no one's sure. They drained 5.5 litres of fluid out of mine, so 6 of those hospital water things. It was close to bursting and I wouldn't be here typing this had I not had the surgery, I never knew I had it, didn't really have symptoms. It's rare what I had and where.

And my apologies for taking so long to read and reply to your post. Thank you for tagging me though.

I hope you're doing ok xx

@Blep just checking in to see if you're ok? I replied to your post above somewhere

thinking of you @Blep Heart
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance