Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Want to forget TW

Hi again @Zoe7 

I'm sorry you are still having headaches - it will take time - not easy though - and your Dad - what can I say? You thought he was not well enough to go home and this has proven the case - and this is not easy - I am with you.❤️

I take it this unhappy boy is with the teacher who isn't team-oriented - that is rough on him - he must be so frustrated - I am glad you feel fine to take him on - if he feels welcomed by you and the other children I am sure it will work out.

And your success with the two children who seems not to "work" together - and they did - well done - you are a gifted teacher and your kids are so lucky to have you.

Yes - undo the damage already done and make him feel welcome and wanted again.

That other teacher - whatever the profession or trade there are people who are not fitted for what they trained for - alas - I have met them through the years of my working life - they must be unhappy too - still - as adults they have the choice of changing their jobs. Children don't have this choice.

I had a telehealth session with my new psychologist today - via computer - camera and microphone - it went very well - she told me I as authentic - what a great compliment - I had never applied that word to myself before but she is right.

I am sending my best thoughts - for your health - your father and your new student

Mumma Bear

Owlunar

Headaches have improved @Owlunar but still very tired each day. I do feel like I am getting some energy back but use all that getting through at work. Dad has been moved to a different hospital (which is actually closer to me). We are hoping that they can get his pain and other issues under control quickly and he can be discharged soon. I havent spoken to him today but will give him a call later. 

Hey @Zoe7 It can be comforting to know our parents and being taken care of and their pain management is being looked after. Hopefully, your father gets well soon and you can spend more time with him if he is closer to you. Think of you and your family at this time ❤️ RiverSeal

Thank you @RiverSeal 💖 He shoud never been discharged last week from the other hospital. I think he is now getting the care he needs and will not be sent home until he is much better. He looked a little better yesterday but still not at all himself.

Hi @Zoe7 

I am glad your headaches are becoming less - and sorry you are still battling with your energy levels. It's not easy recovering from a concussion and yours seems to have been significant. Wow!

And of course - your father and his health issues - at least he is being monitored and his pain managed - and his new hospital is nearer to you. But this is going to drain you too. I understand this very well.

You might have read about my dental and daughter issues on my thread so I won't post them again - I think I am okay atm - I tend to fall apart on the day - and the moment when it comes. Luckily I am having telehealth calls with a psychologist - good timing and the luck of the Irish.

You are in my heart - 

Lots of love

Mumma Bear

Owlunar

Hugs and sitting with you my sister @Zoe7 🥰

@Owlunar I am juggling a few things at the moment as well as Dad still being in hospital... but I am glad he is and being well looked after. I know my Mum had a very long conversation with some of his treating team and he will not be able to go home until he is much better. We are all relieved about that. He did look slightly better when I saw him last night but still no resolution to his pain. They are pretty confident they know what is causing it but until he is pain free, he is staying in hospital.

I am still very tired but seem to be getting through the days a little better - 1 whole day without a headache so I am taking that as a good sign. 

Hi @Zoe7 

One whole day without a headache is a start I guess - but you are still tired and juggling a lot - your dad is still in hospital - and he will be until they sort his pain out.

That must be a relief - you knew he wasn't well enough to leave hospital after his procedure and they obviously said he could go and he did - and that was not the best thing that ever happened. This is tough on you - so - after all that has happened - it is important to take things easy yourself - there is a long weekend coming up - I really hope you can take time to catch up with yourself - and your father - of course.

Still thinking of you

Mumma Bear

Owlunar

Dad is back home @Owlunar but being difficult. I am going to visit tis weekend (probably Sunday as I need a break too) and will have a tough conversation with him. I am the only one in the family that he is likely to listen to but I will not hold back either. He needs to know that he has to help himself by doing what he has been told to do (or not to do) otherwise he will end up back where he started again ...in hospital. 

First, though, I need a break so tomorrow I am going to sort out some work to try to catch up a bit and watch some tv (probably both at the same time lol) and shut out the world at the same time.

I am still so tired but improving a little each day - I have no doubt it has all taken a toll on my physical recovery but time to take my own advice and look after me for a bit.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance