Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Ups and Downs of Husband`s Mental Illness

Picturesque sunset @Shaz51! The second photo is beautiful with the two reflections in the sand and the darker shadow lines from the waves on the bottom right, which balance with the shadow silhouette of the land above the left of the water Smiley Very Happy 

i lovethe pictures @Shaz51

@Shaz51  were you able to relax while away and are you glad you went?

very glad we went @Former-Member Smiley Very Happy

good night my @Former-Member Heart

sitting with you and holly , hope you have a good sleep tonight xoxo

@Shaz51  😀

Those are fantastic photos @Shaz51  - thanks for sharing them - how wonderful

I'm glad Mr Shaz enjoyed the trip - and would have liked to stay longer - perhaps it will make travelling easier the next time - I hope so - it must have been a relief for both of you for him to get off the anxiety button for a few days - great to hear

And I hope you feel rested too - and have plans to go back and see more - 

I think Darwin is off my plans this year - I wanted to see my grand-daughter in June but my daughter and sil are going then and we want to space our trips out so she is not swamped with visitors and can enjoy our company - I spoke to her on the phone on Mother's Day - I-phone call - my first - she has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and had a couple of bad weeks but not as bad as it could have been if the weather in Melbourne had been cold

So I am planning to go in July - hopefully - so spend two nights on the Sunshine Coast seeing her and then going up to Cairns for the rest of the week - at least I hope this will happen - making my plans around other people always makes me itchy - they can change their ideas and yes - in this case they miss their daughter who is a grown woman now

And I just added Darwin to my weather app and the weather is very hot and dry in July - Cairns is much cooler - I will get to Darwin though - this trip I am practising breaking my journey

I'm so glad you went Shaz - yes - I read last night that your Mum wanted to go home before you left and wants to go home now you are back - I will have to find that post again but it's really hard for both of you and I understand - 

My thought is that your Mum needs to understand that she can have domestic help and not to put so much onto you - your health is important too. I have all this help at home and it works for me - yes - things like shift changes can be bothersome and I get used to my regular helpers and there can be hiccups with those who fill in but these are things your Mum can get used to - 

I really understand though - it can be intrusive having such help but worth it - perhaps your Mum needs a littel tough love - like - her choices are to have the help or go into hospital - 

It's not easy 

Dec

@Shaz51 will you be seeing surgeon with Mum or have an opportunity to ask questions you feel pertinent?

Thinking especially of you.

will want to be with mum @Former-Member , so see what happens xx

Will send up a few extras for you @Shaz51 .

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance