Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Mygirl
New Contributor

Unwell daughter ..

Hi I am new here and are hoping that I am not alone.

I am a single  mum of 6 with my daughter no2 in lineup. Since she was 11 behavior and anger have been huge issues. Where do you start but now nearly 17 and she is off tap. Really since 14 when one doctor said she had conduct disorder and mental health told me over the ph she was spoilt,  her time iline is as follows..Under age sex involving police after telling her mates she miscarried. Moved in with boy and came home a couple of mths later. Trouble at school, now dropped out .tells lyes weird stories... self harm...home tatoos ..highly virulent and needs to know where I am  even when at work. Steels money and has gotten at least 4 aninals off gumtree which I have to then re home. Crazy temper...cant keep and maintain any form of relationship. 2 weeks ago the doctor put her on anti dression meds which are not working. I have to push her to shower and  eats till nothing left. Does any one have a daughter or son similar as she is getting worse...very jealous of others and family . I work two jobs and only have her and 10 brother at home...other siblings cant live with her.. I am worried at times for our safety because in her rants which are very verbal and foul  she can hit or throw things...6 tvs computers mobile phs. She only shows or allows affection to get what see wants. I hope someone has a child with similar issues..

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Unwell daughter ..

@Mygirl Hi Mygirl and welcome to the forums. I do not have a child with exactly what your daughter exhibits but I was your daughter when I was a teenager. My mother once told me she was ready to give me up to a girls' home (lovely ...) anyway .... I just wanted to say by all accounts you are doing really well working 2 jobs and dealing with your daughter's issues.

Don't give up on her. Teenage years are awful for most of us and even worse for some but somehow the majority of us find our way through it in one piece. As for the medication she is now on it can take quite sometime for them to take effect so make sure she stays on them.

I will be around over the Chrissy break so if you need someone to talk to don't hesitate to tag me by putting a @infront of my name. That will send me an email. Take good care of yourself. Love greenpea

hello @Mygirl, thinking of you lots today , how is everything today

Hello @greenpea xx

Hi, I am new to this forum. I wish that I had known about this before as it would have been a place I would have used. 

Anyway I have a 17 year old daughter and I don’t know what to do or who to turn to. Your situation sounds similar, not entirely the same but I can empathise with a lot of what you are saying. The whole situation creates tension in my house and I have another 15 year old daughter who has to put up with this as well. 

She he has had mental illness for a long time but she refuses to get help and I don’t know how much longer I can do this. The issue that I have is that she doesn’t even know how to function in the world. She can’t speak to people,  she can’t go to school, she can’t get a job. 

She he has ripped my head out and stomp d on it with the way that she acts and speaks to my husband and I on a daily basis. 

I dont know what to do and I am hoping that i can gain some help from hearing other people’s stories. 

Thanks 

hello @Mygirl, @Doris76

sending you lots of tender hugs

has she been diagnosed with anything , there is others that are going through what you are going through

@Former-Member@@Former-Member, @greenpea

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance