Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

justanotherguy
Senior Contributor

Trying to 'unf**k' your life

I think there was a book recently called "How to unf**k your life"? Kind of resonates lately. Trying to undo the years of harm by soulless f**king t*rds in the mental health system only there because they can be paid to torture people (and get away with it). Best way to find out how evil someone is is let them be in a position where they have total control over you with no oversight, then just observe the results. Terrifying. Makes all the other f**kwits I've ever had to deal with pale in comparison.

26 REPLIES 26

Re: Dealing with idiots

Very relatable, @justanotherguy  ☹️. My ordeal fits in with your description neatly, also.

Although, with respect, I would dispute the word "idiots" in your title. Pretty much all therapists are college graduates, and none of the ones I ever encountered were funny.

I often wish that wasn't the case, and that it was much easier to find and access the services of a therapist with no college training. I would have a much better odds of relating to a therapist like that (and vice-versa) then anyone in the currant lot; and I'm sure I'd have much better odds of getting real help from them, too.

Sorry to hear about your experience @justanotherguy . That sounds really crappy.

I am not sure why some people can be so nasty when they have power over others, but I hope you find that you can take your power back.

xx

I'm sorry to hear of those unhelpful experiences @justanotherguy @chibam ,

I hope you find ways to get the support you need whether it be through connecting with peers, self care or focusing of your strengths and interests.

@tyme , the problem now is I'm expected to keep going back to the mental health system that caused so many problems in the first place; kind of like the dentist handing out lollipops to the kids many years ago. Due to the total headf**k of misdiagnosis and unnecessary medication, I have said and done things in the past I would not have normally said (not everything, but enough to cause problems now years on). Like I said, trying to unf**k my life somehow.

@sol_87 , it would be interesting to see the psychological literature on people who are control freaks with little thought of their actions on others or the world around them.

@justanotherguy wrote:

@sol_87 , it would be interesting to see the psychological literature on people who are control freaks with little thought of their actions on others or the world around them.

I doubt you'd find much, @justanotherguy . The therapy industry isn't well known for its openness about it's own faults; especially not it's ongoing ones. Though you might find some stuff from the handful of whistleblower therapists who speak out against the system's ills. Paula Caplan in America is one that comes to mind, and locally there's an Australian named Niall McClaren (sp?) whose written on the subject as well.

I did watch a video from an American therapist once where she admitted that sociopaths are particularly drawn to the therapy profession, as it's a rich hunting ground for potential victims who they'll find easy to manipulate. She didn't give precise numbers, but you can make some deductions from the overall statistics on sociopaths that she did provide, that strongly indicate the proportion of sociopathic therapists is likely much higher then 5%. That might sound low, but those odds are still pretty horrifying, if you ask me.

@chibam , I just changed the title.

I generally laughed at the mental health people in my life, but they didn't like that at all (apparently the psych textbooks don't talk about humour as a great way to cope with stupidity).

@justanotherguy wrote:

Actually, I think I might've misread that post. Seems like you were talking about control freaks in general, rather then just control freak therapists.

My bad. 😖

@justanotherguy wrote:

@chibam , I just changed the title.

I generally laughed at the mental health people in my life, but they didn't like that at all (apparently the psych textbooks don't talk about humour as a great way to cope with stupidity).

Your really lucky, or very adept, that you can do that, @justanotherguy . I've tried very, very hard to fix my perceptions so that I laugh at everything, and I have had a lot of success; but all too often the ugliness of life still manages to leech through.

One thing I was never able to laugh at was my therapists. Maybe I've spent too much time dwelling on what really happened in therapy, and not enough time dwelling on what could've/should've happened.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance