Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Trying to stay Sane

Hello @pancakes 

Confused as to where I'm posting, so thought here as good as any,  blonde hair!!!

Wanted to give you update on Dad...

Dad's starts another cycle of 12 weeks chemo on the 10th December. 

The two fusions have had little impact but might over the next few days hopefully.

Oh god @Anastasia I didn't realise he was so unwell.

did he get the iron injected? Should kick in pretty soon, hopefully he'll feel a boost tomorrow🤞

how are you after your hectic day?

Oh sweetheart, I'm so sorry 😔

It's such a hideous disease. 

Yes he's already had 12 weeks some months ago and the result was it had put it to sleep. Not anymore. I'm scared for his frail little body coping with the treatment this time round 😔

I'm here to listen if you ever want to talk pancakes. Promise me you will if you need/want to? Love you pancakes 🙏

I'm ok, I suppose, have to be really. Still gotta work etc...

I can imagine, the treatment itself is bloody horrible isn't it? The docs must be happy with his cell count then yeah? They wouldn't go more chemo if it wasn't safe for him? I'm sorry it hasn't eft off for him, would be heart be waking to go through.

thank you @Anastasia and I am always here for you too. I'm ok about it atm, it's in a box. We don't have a lot of info yet so I'm steering clear of google doctor and just going to keep the lid on the box til we get the info we need

Dr Google is trouble so that is wise @pancakes

Going to go and stare at a wall so to speak. Thank you for your messages 💖

Tomorrow is another day 🙏💙

Stare at a wall? @Anastasia Is that more fun than talking to me? Boy I need to rethink some things haha

I am very worried about my mate. He's not talking to anyone. It's reducing me to tears

Not at all @pancakes it's just a silly saying.

Oh that's not good. I don't know what to suggest, I am sorry. Here to listen @pancakes 

Whats the saying mean? I haven't heard it before @Anastasia 

nothing to suggest really @Anastasia it just sucks

I guess it's switch off type of thing...stare at a blank wall. Stare into space, not think. Does that make sense?

Don't know if it's an actual saying lol but I use it often. I am that special kind of cray cray @pancakes 😀

It does suck, I'm hoping he reaches out for help when he's ready 🙏

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance