Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Trying to stay Sane

Has something happened @Anastasia ?

Are you okay? Is your Boy okay?

No he's really not Em. 

I'm not.

This is going to sound terrible but I wish something bad would happen to me so I can take a break @Emelia8 

Oh no @Anastasia ... please dont think that way.  I am truly sorry everything is so overwhelming right now. It must feel like your whole world is collapsing in on you. Keep in mind though, that tomorrow could well be a good day. Live in the hope that the good days will eventually outnumber the bad. You have been kicking some goals lately and making progress on behalf of your beautiful boy. That progress will pay off in the long term and I have no doubt you want to be around to see that.

Love you 💞

@Anastasia wrote:

No he's really not Em. 

I'm not.

This is going to sound terrible but I wish something bad would happen to me so I can take a break @Emelia8 

Oh no, @Anastasia  😞 

I'm glad you have your therapy appt today...I hope you feel up to going...and that it's helpful. I hope you can tell your therapist how you feel...

Concerned for you (and your boy)...sending much 💙 and wishes...

I'm so glad you have a therapy session today  @Anastasia 

I really hope it helps & you come away, not feeling so lost and negative.

You are doing an amazing job, but appreciate its starting take its toll on you.

Hang in there......you've got this.

@Anastasia darling girl... hugs and more hugs

have you had your Covid shot yet?

Mr's sister had hers and it made her sick for 3 days. I'm getting mine Thursday in the hope that I will be sick all weekend so as to take some time-out from working my fingers to the bone for him and the boys.

something bad that's actually something good... just a thought.. book your jab for a legitimate excuse to get off the bandwagon for a day or 2

love you long time xoxox

everytime we think that, we carers, we stop, take a breath and somehow manage to dig a little deeper

I know we shouldn't have to

I know we often think we can't

I know it's not fair

I know it hurts

but we do it.

every time.

you can and you will because love is stronger than fear, exhaustion and frustration

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

@Anastasia sorry I missed this, please tag me if you ever need a chat. You're doing an incredible job, and it's ok--no, it's necessary--to take a step back every so often and regroup. Mark out an hour of your day and just focus on your needs. Go for a swim, take a bath, have a nice meal, go for a walk--whatever you want/need to help recharge. If you don't give yourself that time, you will get burnt out. In order to deal with your son's situation, you need to stay on top of your needs. I know it's hard, but you've gotta take time for yourself here so you can keep functioning for him.

I'm really sorry to read in your other post that he has self harmed again. My heart breaks for you. Anytime you need a chat, I'm here. Hope you get some rest tonight and tomorrow brings you new strength 

You are all incredible friends, thank you.

Sorry I'm not much support to anyone at present. So grateful for you all. 🙏

@saltandpepper @SJT63 @WIP @NatureLover @Emelia8 can't think who else has messaged but everyone here, thank you x

Thank you SANE Moderators for checking in by email over the past 24 hours too 🙏

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance