Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

BlueBay
Senior Contributor

*Trigger warning* George Pell

Hi everyone 

I know this will be a trigger for some and I’m really sorry. The last thing I want to do is upset anyone.

I just need to vent my anger. 

After hearing today that George Pell is sentenced to 6 years jail I am so angry. 

I was sexually abused as a child but not by the Catholic Church. 

But today I’m feeling a mixture of emotions - sad, anger, frustration. 

Im very angry at the decision the judge has made. Six years is a joke. How can the judge make this decision?

He (George Pell) has totally ruined the victims lives forever. The memories will always be with them. 

I’m really sad fir the victims. I don’t know how to express my sadness. It’s a sad day. 

Yes he did get jail but I feel nit long enough. 

I hope he suffers badly. Whst he did to those poor boys as innocent children was disgusting and he used his priesthood to take advantage of these children. 

I do understand and empathise with these survivors as I am a survivor also if childhood sexual abuse. 

Nithing he can say will take away what he did. I hope he suffers in jail all alone. 

If if anyone needs any support pls contact Blue Knot 1300 657 380

love snd hugs  to all childhood sexual abuse survivors ❤️❤️❤️

We are strong, we have survived 

broken or not we are still here 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: *Trigger warning* George Pell

@BlueBay 

It is good to "see" you and read your post.

I got a better offer today and went with son to a friend's place, otherwise I would have gone to the court again.

Smiley Happy

I would turn in circles as I examined all the aspects of the situation and drive myself totally insane. Pell probably will get plenty of visits by people who convince themselves he is innocent.  I saw him talk to one the other day.

Smiley FrustratedSmiley EmbarassedSmiley Sad

I am not triggered, my son was glad I did not go to the sentencing, its a sign of me letting go.

Actually I am triggered a little, but I am so glad I heard it from a friend first, rather than just reading news.

Thank you BB

I hope you are alright.

Smiley Happy

Hi @Appleblossom I’m glad you’re ok I didn’t realise you had gone to the court hearing. 

I’m glad he’s in jail but not long enough

I hope you are ok. I feel for you. Hugs @Appleblossom  ❤️❤️

I have levelled out again.Thanks @BlueBay

Had a beautiful walk this morning with support walkers and did a few practical jobs.

I hope you are travelling as well as possible.

Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance