Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

strivetosurvive
Senior Contributor

[Trapped n' Chaos] (a non BPD's story/seeking advice)

Sigghhhh, where to start....

Name is Zachary,
                  I'm a drug addict till the day i die, though i'm non active, still considered as a drug addict always. Born raised up north close to canada, where i fell to the depths of addiction. I'm 27 years old, all my friends have been taken to this desease, as i attended their funerals. I have no friends, & doesn't really bother me much. After legal trouble because of {*zan-ex* pill}, i realised i had a huge problem & went away to Long Term rehab for 9 months. Once i got out, choiceless i was sent by train back to the same  dedend city where i was petrified of using and passing like so many are daily, (as i came very close to awhile back) Being 9 months sober, and truly changed because of this intesive Residentual program, i did not want to use or pickup another drug again, & had no choice but to go back to where i was in major danger of this,(my fathers house) i've been using drugs since finding mary jane at age 14, mostly pills just a "garbage head" (any and all) well this 9 month program changed me alot, having no choice but to return i did so. I became a hermit in my fathers house & was so scared to even run into anyone that would suck me right back into that lifestyle.

I am a big internet guy, & also addicted to meeting women. (addictive personality all around) i was on craigslist, responded to this email from a women, age 44, lived about 5 hours away from me. We chatted about a week as she found out my entire story. I was desprate for a new start, & one thing led to the next, she allowed me to move in with her to get on my feet. ( mind you, i'd never in person met her before only met 2 weeks prior to moving there online) Yes, it was probably thee biggest mistake of my adult life. (which was 6 months prior to now)  I saw only two choices, stay there and eventually fall victim to my past, there is no jobs, i new only drug affilated folks. I was setup to fail by going back there 100%. (so stay there) or take this incredible oppertunity i was offered, new place, people, life..i jumped at it and i moved down there, father dropped me off, and he was warned me not to, there was no returning to his house, once i moved out,. "i am a man an once i move out i'm able to take care of myself housing wise" which is understandable.

I never in my life imagined what was to come. The first day i met this women, i noticed somthing off about her. I was totally unaware of BPD & what it is at all. we argued that first day and she started really just made me regret my decision the first day, but i was trapped, homeless.Fast forward 6 months to today. I am mentally drained beyond belief, this women has totally wore me down and i feel like a suffering wild animal being tourcured. Now she's 44 years old, She openly admitted 3 weeks in that she infact was diagnosed with BPD & since then i've researched everything possible about it. I believe the more understanding you have of somthing, the better it can be dealt with. I'm rather intellegent, & enjoy research of all kinds. I was so ill equipt to deal with her. Ughh..makes me cringe all she put me through, she's got me locked up sent to jail cuz she lied on a police report saying i harrassed her, (harrassment in the 2nd) since NYS will believe a womens words with zero backup. She's made me wanna off myself truly, just through her incredible Episodes she would go through atleast 4 times a week, she's toss'd me out 500 times a month. (which i'm not feeling i wanna off myself now, thanks to god)

I used her phone once 3-4 months ago, & found link that said.."how to brain wash someone" asked her what it was about, an she played like she didn't know. but i believe from all research she also has NPD, & her type BPD is (Waif) she doesn't rage, she's quietish, puts on a fake face at work, in front of anyone, second she comes home n key hits the door, i hear nails on a chalk board, because i know that fake mask is coming off the second she's around me. If i'm crying which is often cuz of her mental warefare, she gets a smirk, i feel she is evil almost. It's terrible to say these things about another human being. i've done nothing but love this women for her offering, clean her house for her, try so hard to get her to understand things and she just cant/wont. Facts in front of her still avoids all responsibility.

I've saved her life legitly, as i found her in a deep coma after she took an entire bottle of my sleeping pills (Seriquil) luckly found her). Also Gave me a cell phone on her contract, she will suspend service or tell me to leave knowing i know nobody in the area
& i'll have no phone, from what i've gathered she doesn't intentially do all this but i do believe she can cope with this an chooses not to. i've begged her to go to DBT an she's done it all to avoid real treatment. Her co-workers the very few people she talks to, she paints us as i'm the bad guy, an she's the victim. She lovessss that. an everyone believes her, she acts so inicent around public, but second its me and her, the mask comes off.

She has alot of trauma from childhood obviously like many, just is very hard at this point. She wanted a realtionship , i did not, but she offered to help me, as i took it, an wouldn't leave it alone wanting to be with me. We have had sex many times, And that i regret greatly. Because now if i leave, i've heard all these ex-co workers that "touched her" or all the rape stories from her past. it very much scares the crap out of me that she might make something up out of spite because she is incredibly spiteful person and revengful. I feel just trapped, like a shell of myself now. I've tried to just put feelings first.

it's so hard tho when she doesn't cope at all, she'll spend all her money an feed her compulsion to spend on stuff not needed. I try so hard to show her what she does, an it's like shes holding a mirror to me, the facts that she is the reason behind things but it's allllwayyyssss deflected on how it was all my fault. no matter what it was me or an excuse. It's easier for me to call myself worthless. i've noticed if i say that to her, "you know what i'm a worthless pile" she has very slight empathy. but very little. but after every episode, or if i can get the facts in front of her, she'll say "i'm very tired" and go right to sleep. every single time. she's 44 years old, i'm 27 years old. It's very strange i know.

I still feel so trapped, the only option i've found is going to a shelter through social service, so my delema here, 1) stay with her, try an manage her extremeness & caos/drama every day, it's pure cycles of the sameeee crap, the hate phase being the worst, she's 44 and refuses to cope what so ever with this, letting her bpd destroy my life,. hate phase i call it, is when her period comes around an she hates me sooo much for absolutely NO reason. i dread those times. everyday is egg shells. but what, go to a shelter where people get raped, robbed, mugged, there's bug beds, deseases all around. I have ADHD, & i also have OCD, i clean her house because she lives like a slob, and it bugs me so much, so a shelter with OCD. I cannot immagine that. so I am so screwed either choice. NO family will help, i only have my father up north which ive begged to move back, he has new girlfriend an her kids moved in.

my mother i dont talk to, or relitives. I'm on my own, and Socical Service doesn't care what so ever that i'm a recovering drug addict not wanting to live around drug use and people selling drugs where shelters are very very harsh environments. Hense why i stay with this women, an an she's slowly taking my soul.

I appoligize to any readers, this post is not at all in order as it should be, it's jumbled, my mind is just.....sighhh...i just need advice, if i cant go to shelter cuz i'm scared an have OCD an would be miserable, but staying with her is the same result. it's like...trapped, shake my head, i ask god...god what have i done, honestly, to deserve this...she's ruined me emotionally. i cry randomly cuz i feel so worthless at this point, i'm a broken person still striving to survive....by a thread, as each day she wakes up, i don't know how it's going to be, hater phase now, all my stuff was thrown out the house. and she hates me greatly, so at library now, try and stay far away, looking for a job, even tho its hard when house is very unstable.

Any advice or support is greatly apprechiated, Thank you kindly for taking the time to read my post, i hope everyone is having a blessed day. God keeps me going...Bless you all. (Sorry length)  **LOVE & PEACE**

-Zachary 😐              xx
                                                                                                                                         >
                                                                                                                                       ----

84 REPLIES 84

Re: [Trapped n' Chaos] (a non BPD's story/seeking advice)

Wow @strivetosurvive, sounds like you're in a whole world of pain and confusion. I was in a relationship with a BPD person and it was very difficult. I still care about him even though I know it was destroying me both physically and emotionally. I understand some of your dilemma. Seems like you are stuck between which is the lesser of the two evils - stay with this woman and face the fallout from her behaviour or venture out into the unknown which is a scary thing.

I am far from getting my act together and can't really offer you a lot of advice. This is an Australian forum so the experiences and services here may be different from where you are which I think is the US. Hopefully others will be able to impart their wisdom and give you some useful advice.

Just know that there are people around who believe your anguish and are supportive of your desire to better yourself and deal with the situation you are in. 

hello @strivetosurvive

I want to let you know that whatever you have done in your past I will not judge you.

You have been to drug rehabilitation and are still enforcing everything that you learnt there.

I admire your strength and determination after everything else that you have been subjected to in your life.

You have certainly seen and experienced an awful lifestyle. To have lost so many friends at such young ages to these despicable drugs is too much for any one human being.

Moving forward into now.

Yes you live overseas.

You spoke of your belief in God towards the end of your post. Do any of the churches within your state have rehabilitation programmes, men's shelters?

I realise that you dont want to move to a shelter and that you have issues with OCD which of course would compound your feelings in regard to hygiene and cleanliness. I do however, think that you might obtain a contact somehow through the system. In Australia there are certain church groups, not all of them, where they help homeless people. They do not offer a life of bliss but  some respite. Each opportunity if looked at can lead to another.

I seriously believe that you have to move away from that very unwell female. Your mental health is so important.

Her health is not your issue.

We also have lifeline which is a telephone service in this country.

If you have something similar could you ring and ask for some suggestions. There would have to be services out there as every country is in need of these.

You have made some wrong choices however you do not have to carry that around your neck for the rest of your life.

You are still  a person who is a human being with rights and in my world every human being if asking for another chance, deserves to be treated with respect.

The female with whom you moved in does not know that concept and is highly dangerous. It is domestic violence as alarming as that is for you to read. I do not mean to alarm you just emphasise strongly that you have to leave that environment immediately.

Please continue to write on here. We cannot help you with local resources however we can listen and show that we respect you and care.

stay safe

Hi @strivetosurvive

How are things?

As @soul has pointed we're in Australia, but you're more than welcome to use this site. It just means that we might be a bit unfamiliar with how services work over that side of the world. 

I lived in Canada for a couple of years, and did some work in the public sector. I wonder if it might be worth connecting with a Homelessness shelter. You needn't stay there, but you can get a heap of information and resources about where you can go. You might be able to find out information about single room occupancies. 

Hope the info on here helps. 

Absolutely, i apprechiate all of your insight, i guess i was not aware this was an Austraila site, so my appoligies for not verifying. I apprechiate all the insight & advice in reply to my post, it's much apprechiated. 🙂

@strivetosurvive zacharu, welcome to my world or welcom me to your world .. this sounds exactley what my partner or ec partner or what ever a disorder is and i got a boat load of advice for you... I evan got the same avo that never dappened and not ever even a real apology for doing and i got that smirk that comes up when she feels good about either you feeling bad or shr thinks you do or has work out some concocksion of thought process that proves her point that i dont care about anyway... tHROW IN A ONE YEAR OLD AND A FOUR YEAR OLD ON TOP AND THATS ME... IM NOT SAYING I SWAP THE BED BUGS , BUT I WILL DEFINETLY SWAP THE CHANCES TO leave you will have ... i going to stick it out to the day i die, I have many thoughts that will help me  and i can definetlyhelp you,,, I can handle it nop worries now, but its the kids that have got toi deal with it as well and there so young, also the fact that she has never evan tried to get help leaves us in no mans land... 

This forum tries to stop personal communication, but maybe right a post and ask if we can communicate outside the forum and i should be able to help you out, Probably the info you provide me will be ten times better than what ive got so far about this... So forum bosses, i give u permission to give zachery my details...  i dont have thge time now to post all the advice you can have, but it will be there soon,,, i got to work now, 

good stuff zach, you made my day 

That would be amazing, Thank You much, just sent an email to them requesting, i guess we'll see what they said, unfamiliar to this forum site so quite unsure, praying for the best, much apprechiated. !

How did you go @strivetosurvive itts not even 9 oclock in the morning here so but i think some have answer u soon,, when you on line next.. Will check through the day

If you could tell me a time about you could check back online tomorrow (friday 5/5 if possible, even if its aus. Time ill convert to u.s. & make sure to be online) or i can just check more frequently, still waiting on reply from forum owner.

5 and 7 sydney time.... AET

@strivetosurvive wrote:
If you could tell me a time about you could check back online tomorrow (friday 5/5 if possible, even if its aus. Time ill convert to u.s. & make sure to be online) or i can just check more frequently, still waiting on reply from forum owner.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance