Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

RMM
New Contributor

Thinking of death

Hello Everyone,

I am new member to the group.

I would like to share my experience. I have been experiencing concerns about my health in the last few months. I have a alot of investigaions which all returned back normal. 

I have daily symptoms of chest pain, shortness of breath or dizziness. These symptoms made me panic at many occasions which put me in a bad situation thinking if I need to go the hospital because something bad happening which mqy lead to my death.

I know that previous investigarions were all normal but everytime I feel the symptoms I think what if something bad changed since my last investigations done !

I also have daily thinking about death. I keep thinking if I will die soon. I think that it could be my last hour, day or year in my life and this make me scared. 

I can't stop thinking about my health concerns and the idea of death. This have affected my daily life and work. 

I consulted my GP and psychologist but still not feeling any improvement.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Thinking of death

Hi, I'm new too.

First, have you considered the shortness of breath, chest pain as panic attacks?

I find death a really interesting topic. Maybe approach it with curiosity. What does it mean to you?

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @RMM 

Sorry to hear your thinking pattern is about death at the moment.

Looks like hospital and GP see no serious issue at the time.

Many things we focus on never happen.

Can you focus on something you like doing and can do.

Somethink like, if the weather is good l will walk around the block. You know if you feel bad you can see a doctor or go to the hospital. So focus on living ideas.

Glad you reached out.

It appears @icarusandthesun  has lived experience.

Hi @RMM  Welcome to the forum. I’m sorry to read of your experience and was wondering what your GP or Psychologist have advised. I have been in a similiar situation in the past and was diagnosed with panic attacks and given tools to help me get through them. My psychologist also advised me even though they are very scary and uncomfortable, they will pass. Have you tried breathing exercises when this happens, assuming it is a panic attack you are experiencing. I like to look at death from a Buddhist perspective being that it is something that we cannot escape and that it is not to be feared. By accepting that one day it will come to us all, we should focus on living the life we are blessed with in the best way you can, with love, gratitude, compassion and kindness towards ourselves and others. Please take good care of yourself and know you are not alone with this experience and take the time to breathe slowly, deeply and calmly. 🙏

Hi @RMM ,

When reading your post, I'm also thinking whether you have explained all of your symptoms and how you were feeling to your GP?

From my own experiences, as someone else has already mentioned, panic attacks can result in these feelings. However, it is best to speak to a professional. I've included a link above to a fact sheet.

I hope things get better for you. It must be scary to feel this way. Please know you can reach out here on the forums at any time. There is always someone online.

Speak soon, tyme

Hi @Krishna @Former-Member @icarusandthesun 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance