Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: The challenge of spring

@Hannah18 @Shaz51

Where I hail from it's never cut and dry as seasonal changes don't have a pattern as such. This time of year is usually up and down temp wise, and rain is a rarity. I wish it wasn't.

As for sleep, I'm not a morning person either. I had insomnia for 20 years before I discovered sleeping during the day and staying awake at night gave me the most gloriously deep slumber.

I live alone and don't have many connections in life, so it doesn't interfere with daily activity or relationships. Actually, I only woke around an hour ago.

Wow @Hope4me

What a wonderful discovery!

Have you theorised that you are attuned to the Northern Hemisphere or do you think you are just a total night owl? 

I am so glad that it's not conflicting for you.

I often wish we lived more by the seasons and had shorter working hours in the winter and didn't have to leave the house at all in bad weather. I for one would be happier if i could respond more to the world around me instead of following a bunch of rules that make more sense inside someone else's head.

I love it when I go to a shop that is closed inside working hours because I think good on those people for responding to their lives, or going on holidays, or spending time with their family when it's needed. I don't need stuff available every day of the week. 

Except of course for those hard working emergency services folk.

We all need those 🙂

Yep, the snakes are out already @Teej So are the flies (in droves).

I got sunburnt yesterday (walking with client to trains & buses) - then got sunburnt again today, walking.

That really zaps my energy (down).

My face feels like a radiator, right now.

I met someone today - who hibernates in Summer (not Winter), due to the heat (she said).

I have much less energy, as the temperatures heat up.

We have many days over 40C in Summer, here in the west.

Adge

@Mulgajane Wrote;

"Wow @Hope4me

What a wonderful discovery!

Have you theorised that you are attuned to the Northern Hemisphere or do you think you are just a total night owl?"

I smiled when I read this as I hadn't thought of it that way. A night owl yes, but the theory behind my decision was based on complex trauma responses. My bed has been a place of fear and bad memories so it's no wonder I didn't sleep properly for 20 yrs.

Staying up at night helps me feel safe and in control. I guess my psyche doesn't connect danger with daylight hours, so sleep is deep and enjoyable.

I'm looking forward to warmer weather and longer daylight hrs. It seems I get up and a few hrs later it's dark again.

I guess if I wanted to traval to the northern hemisphere I wouldn't get jet lag eh.. lol

Heart

good afternoon @Hannah18, @Adge, @Hope4me, @Mulgajane, @Appleblossom,
@WaterBabe1, @frog, @Former-Member Smiley Happy

Hello @Shaz51 I've enjoyed a real Spring day today, though I'm very tired. Have had 2 very bad nights in a row. I haven't had a chance to catch up on forum happenings for a few days so I'm a little out of the loop.

I did a bit of watering, a bit of pruning and a bit of mulching this afternoon after a trip to Bunnings with both my kids. My daughter loves it!

Hi @Adge hope your day has been ok.

sounds like a good day my dear @frog Smiley Very Happy

Hi @frog That sounds like lots of good gardening that you've done.

I've been very very fatigued today (almost wiped out), even though I've not managed to do anywhere near as much as you've done.

I did manage to do a shopping trip, to buy essential stuff.

Adge

Hi @Adge sorry you've been feeling so fatigued. I slept ok but still woke up feeling exhausted. It's hard. I had a bit more energy in the middle of yesterday, hence my yardwork. You might not be so impressed if you saw the size of my courtyard Smiley LOL tiny. I have to do my groceries this morning, but right now my dogs are harrassing me for a walk. Wishing you a peaceful day with a little more energy.

Thanks @frog You too.

My cat yowled at 4.45am this morning, so I was jarred awake.

Adge

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance