Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

eudemonism
Senior Contributor

The array of problems

Well hi there everybody. I was just looking for people who may be able to help with some tricky stuff im faced with. -here's the life I got... -there's the life I want... and there is a whole lot of technical, physical, mental or emotional issues between the two.

I have struggled with mental problems for a very long time. And I think the gravity of the story and reality of my situation. Induces shock and trauma. And has to sink in over again each day. -But there is apart of me. That weighs things up and desires a better life and to help myself.

Now, if I could...I'd magically employ myself in a good career. And change everything around. But I can't! -so im more or less stuck with very limited options. Reoccurring problems. In the same circumstances. -which gets me down and becomes tiring...

And im tired of feeling like I do.

Im aware of what they say helps and what doesn't. -its just really hard to put into place and follow through with everything.

173 REPLIES 173

Re: The array of problems

Hi @eudemonism

Sorry to hear of your frustration. I think we all feel that way on a daily basis. Matter of fact I assume every human (and many an animal) feel that way too. Doesn't in any way suggest that it isn't a serious concern for you just that it is part of the human condition.

Can you suggest a particular issue or line of thought that you have problems with? Maybe not the biggest but something that if you could crack it would put you a step ahead? Then maybe some of us here can make suggestions on how we might attack that issue and maybe one of those ideas will give you a start.

🙂

Well that's nice of you to offer to attack my issues and try and give me a start.

Im basically looking for a different lifestyle. One that has quality and substance. Not just the merry go round effect.

You know! The nice and healthy life. -could just be a case of just like everyone else though.

I've got ideas/plans I've been working on. And its like attacking my own problems and solving them. But its rather complicated. Because I'd have to put my foot down. And lay down the law. And follow through with what I'm wanting to achieve.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Have you heard of SMART goals and setting yourself small, achievable goals one at a time?
I'm currently trying to do this with myself. I think I'm similar to you in that I have the life I currently have and then there is the life I want. And they are two very separate things.

Well I understand what you're saying. I'm just a bit discontented with the direction it's heading. And have thought. Well stuff it. I give up! There's not much point in trying to change of all this negative stuff.
Former-Member
Not applicable

@eudemonism, there is a point, because when you do get the changes in place you get the life you want. It's not easy, but it can and does happen.
I get the urge to give up, I get that pretty much every week. But I also so desperately want a different life, I'm willing to do pretty much anything to get it.
I'm not sure what your negative stuff is, but I'm sure it can be dealt with.
I don't know if it helps, but I remind myself that I only get one life, there is no round 2, just this. And it's in my power to change what I can and make it the best life possible.
Not "the best life", but the best life for me. I'll never get my 20's back, and I'll never get parts of my childhood not damaged, but I am in control of now and I can only do the best I can. So each day I try... if I fail. That's okay, I get up and try again the next day. But there is always the possibility of better than I've got now and I'm trying as hard as I can for that better. And I believe that you can too. I believe we all can. 

Yep that's it hey. If only it weren't for problems. I just might be a happy man.

Im dealing with unfavorable circumstances that can't really be changed
Former-Member
Not applicable

I'm not sure what they are, but they might be able to be managed to enable you to live your life better. Have you spoken to a GP or psychologist about them?
Former-Member
Not applicable

I'm sorry if I sound preachy, I'm just having a super good day and feeling super motivated and that I'll eventually be able to fulfil my (modest) dreams. Ask anyone here, but I have my struggles and I have trouble believing that things will change, but I also have my good days and I think we'll all get there, just the path for some of us is extra rough and windy, and slippery, and under a tonne of rocks, and spiders and rats.......
Do you want to share your story a little bit. Some other members might have some useful advice to help you out.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance