Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

@CheerBear @Maggie  👋💗

@TheVorticon @eth @NatureLover @greenpea  🌷

Not good. No words. Sorry. 😞

Emelia 

@CheerBear  Oh no, not another device replacement. I’m hoping a tweaking, rather than replacing. But I really understand the ugh, after mine being away for a few hrs earlier this week. We really do rely on our devices, something I really never expected to feel.🥺🥺

Sorry Middle had a rough day. That must make it extra tough all round in many ways. Big 💜💜 I hope the infection is clearing for whoever is unwell.

So many extra trickies is you life.

Some more squares. 👍👍👍👍 How many do you have done ?

Yea for click and collect. I hope you have a complete order this time. Today could be a munchies  day.

I made some stones last night, as the lady ordered more. I’ve never done any to order before, but she’s asked for spacific colours. I was a bit shaky with excitement selling them @CheerBear . Jelly like feeling. I had a pathetic smile on my face when she left. Trying to believe it had all happened. And more to come. 🤯🤯😃😃

@Emelia8  Sorry. You don’t have to say anything. We know exactly how that feels.

Sitting with you. Caring. Like the quote from yesterday said.. I too am fluent with silence. Sending 💕💕💕💕

Echoing @Maggie's words @Emelia8. You don't need to say anything. Really sorry it's so tough 😟 Listening if you find your words though.

I think it's a full replacement job @Maggie, though not an ipad. I don't do Apple and iPads are ridiculously priced. Middle should be getting a laptop thingy for school next year too, so I'm not thrilled about needing to replace it now. But remote learning and connection with friends, plus me working so my laptop is taken, means it is necessary. Now more than ever tech is relied upon. I felt very sad for Middle yesterday.

I have half of the squares which is exciting. I might get an early start on some more. I could possibly get them done by tomorrow arvo 🤔 I'm using my new phone for the first time this morning and am busting to take pics on it.

The highlight of my week probably, is hearing that you sold some stones 🎉What an awesome feeling. Not pathetic to be so smiley at all! Where did this person come across them (if you can share that).

Curious as to what you and Mr chat about? Is he good company?

@CheerBear  A replacement. That’s a big one. Yes, so necessary now, especially with home schooling, home friending, home everything. 

I had  no idea that an iPad was different to a tablet when I got mine @CheerBear . But it was a plan, where I got data and the iPad for $39 mth. They are certainly ridiculous in price, for sure. 

The word laptop sends shivers down my spine @CheerBear . I’ll have to face it soon. I would gladly share.

Poor Middle. 💕💕

Well done on using your phone this morning. You are doing well, no fairies either. 

Oh godh, you are motoring along with these squares. Hope to see more pics if you share.

Mr Christian is 20 something @CheerBear, and I’m so not wanting to be anything that will burst his bubble. Life is going to throw some curveballs, I don’t want to be one of them. We talk about Jesus a lot, and he is really into the bible. My caution is high, very high, as people can be stuck believing they have it right, no one does. I’m guessing he will phase out himself, they usually do in my real life world. But I admire his enthusiasm, and remember I was there some time ago, so it’s tricky. I’m feeling for him really, as I guess it will get tricky before to long. I hope he proves me wrong. I have a love for young people, I want to treat his beliefs with tenderness, not harshness.

The accessories get me too @Maggie. Even basics like screen protector and case. They add up big time 🤔 Buying tech (buying anything) here is extra tricky at the moment with only click and collect, only 5km, low stock, and only going out once per day. It's going to require some organising and crossing fingers. Must stop sooking about it.

Mr Christian is very lucky he knocked on your door Maggie. Your warmth and kindness shines. I'm guessing it's pretty tough to mix tenderness with church right now.

@CheerBear  You certainly are not sooking about it. Life at the moment , is over the top full of challenges, never faced before . No maps, it’s navigation all the way. And it’s the tricky necessary stuff that multiple. Restrictions are really limited, add to that a family, with the basics, and you have very tricky stuff that adds extra stress. It’s not one bit easy.

Yes @CheerBear , a big part of me wants to lash out, but he is not the problem, church snobs are. Oh the conversations that go on in my head. Lucky it’s inside thoughts only. I might be locked up otherwise. Counsellor hears most of them compassionately. I’m lucky there.

Thanks for the bubble tea @Maggie 🙂 Big congrats on the stones 👍

@CheerBear yes they use different approaches. Psych is more CBT and counsellor is more Person-Centred. I find it easier to understand my stuff in the framework counsellor uses which is why I picked him (thankfully he matched the description and it wasn't just words on a page haha) and feel kind of square-peg-round-hole-ish with psych's ideas sometimes. But I also think I need another perspective sometimes which is why psych could still be good (that and all the feelings that don't want me to think of the alternative :face_with_rolling_eyes:).

@Emelia8 sorry things aren't good. Take it easy if you can. I'm also familiar with the "no words" space.

@Emelia8 @Maggie @TheVorticon @eth @CheerBear @NatureLover  sending love and care to all today. Especially Emelia8 hoping your day improves hunny love peaHeartxxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance