Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

Haha! Was it from baking @Maggie? Has it become that bad you've started making cookies like us 😂

Gig went well thanks. Spent lots of it on video calls with work people. It felt great to 'see' them and connect that way. I didn't get to do any actual gig work, even though I almost begged lol. We have to become familiar with new systems and processes first so that was the focus of today which I understand 🙂 Kids were super too.

Sib is back and seems much more OK than when they left 👍 The new job keeper payment is promising for them and I think has had a really positive impact on their mental health. Hoping that keeps them feeling better for a while.

I started cooking green beans @CheerBear . Then I found a small marrow, then some garlic that had started to grow, then an onion, a can of tomatoes. I now have enough for a week. 😂😂

That was all it took to lose the kitchen. Who knows what would happen if I baked cookies.

I think the payments that are going to people will be so much of a relief. I’m glad sib is more settled. It’s a tough time @CheerBear . I’m really struggling trying to comprehend how everyone will cope it it lasts for 6 mths.

Gig training sounds good. I can understand wanting to get right in there though.

Super kids. 👍👍👍

Haha that's awesome @Maggie! Yeah, don't do cookies 😉😆🤪 We'll have to send you some virtual ones of ours 😊

I am struggling with getting my head around the six month thing also @Maggie 🙁 Big stuff.

Dropping off a coffee @CheerBear . ❤️❤️

Hoping you managed to sleep well.

@outlander @Snowie @eth @Former-Member  @TheVorticon  @Teej  and anyone. 👋👋💜💜💜

Morning @Maggie and all. I'm still in bed having cat cuddles. It's so nice ❤ Getting up now though. Need coffee 😁

How's your day looking today @Maggie?

Sounds like a nice warm start @CheerBear . My baby has been up and down since 2am. I was listening to stuff till midnight and disturbed her routine. She’s sleeping now. 🐶🐶

To start with, I will wash up my mess from yesterday. More kitchen hunting.

I’m waiting for money to go into my account so I can buy inks @CheerBear .

Do you have plans today?

Hugs for your baby @Maggie. What were you listening to, if you feel like sharing?

Kitchen mess and hunting is not a fun way to start the day :face_with_rolling_eyes: Ink shopping sounds pretty fab though! I got the stimulus money this morning. The email telling me it was in my bank came through at the same time as an email telling me some 'sidewalk chalk' for our pavement and driveway was back in stock so I just went chalk shopping. It was meant to be 😉 A bit excited as we have lots of fun doing that.

I have no real plans today. Maybe some games with the kids and on my own on my Switch. I would really like to get a new game to ride out this home time but I am not sure what one yet. ( @TheVorticon if you're listening - any ideas?) Big has been doing some beautiful zentangle drawings so that's what they'll be doing. Middle, Little and I are making our way through the hectic kitchen game so we'll probably do a bit of that. I have to go the supermarket after avoiding it again yesterday.

Hmmm as you might tell, it's a 'find something to do' kind of day 🤔

I was listening to a controversial bishop. @CheerBear  . I’m struggling to fit the mould, but something is still alive. It’s not easy. I’ve changed radically, and I’m comfortable with the change. I’m unsure others will be though.

Sidewalk chalk 👍👍👍 Sooooo much fun.

Shopping will be tricky. Still panic out there. I hope you have an ok time with it. Is there a quiet period. I guess not with the panic. Answering my own questions now. 🙃🙃🙃

Keeping the kids entertained would be draining at times I would imagine. Does sib like getting involved?

I might head out to do some tree freeing again later. It’s a life time project. 😂😂

I have a pile of vines. Each week I fill my wheelie bin, so it’s double handling. Trying to excuse my slowness on this project.

That sounds challenging but interesting @Maggie. It's so good to hear that something is still alive and that you're comfortable with the change. Hard wondering whether others will be and whether you'll be accepted I guess. Are they doing any kind of remote service or groups? Tricky having a pause put on things just started that took a lot to do. That's one of the other things we're finding hard here.

I haven't been to the big (little really but big for me) supermarket for ages so I am not sure what it will be like. I go to the little independent supermarket a few houses down and that's been hard enough as the shelves are still pretty empty. I am avoiding that one too now though after I had a bit of a fireball argument with the person behind the counter when they let their friends fill a trolley with boxes of things like pasta, rice, sauce, uht milk etc. Mass buying like that is so problematic and it didn't feel good to see it happen. I probably could have been more calm in expressing that though :face_with_rolling_eyes:

Sib gets involved a little though not as much as when living here was a novelty which I understand. I think while he isn't working he'll be helpful-ish when I am working. I might even ask for that to happen if it doesn't as I can see it bothering me if the crew are being too loud or fighting a lot and sib is here but not stepping in.

By tree freeing - is it vines overtaking your yard? We have a couple of them here that almost grow in front of my eyes. It's like they tease me with their speed and I despise them for that 😆 I asked the gardeners to chop them down only inches from the ground. That should fix 'em 😜

They had a service online @CheerBear . That will continue while the virus does. They were funny, as sitting in front of the camera was more uncomfortable than the church group. One even said she had put on make up and done her hair.  I understand all that. It’s really not easy at all.

I too got to the local IGA. Yes, empty shelves here also. That must be super tricky feeding the crew. I think panic buying could, ( avoided the should ) be stopped. It’s really so selfish and unnecessary. Not to mention scary.

Yea, if sib is about, a helping hand is always useful.

The tree is a bottlebrush. There were two jasmine vines, a rambling rose, and ivy. All possibility years of overgrown growth. I’ve got most from the tree top, but the bottom is at least a foot deep in twisted vines. It’s actually hard work, but the challenge is ok. I can only do about an hour, Then the aches and pain kick in. It’s a balance of moving, but not too much. I don’t like the limitations of arthritis, not to mention age. Sigh.

Its looking like a nice day here. Sun is already shining.

Hows it looking in your area.?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance