Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Catt25
Contributor

Taking the long way around

My friends from Uni, got their nursing jobs, moved into houses, in the same postcodes where their parent’s lived.

But I, I could never follow.

No I, I could never follow.

I hit the highway, in a blue Mazda with a GPS, lived like a nurse.

Two strong hands on the steering wheel.

I've been a long months gone now. Maybe, someday, someday, I'm gunna settle down. But I've always found my way somehow. By taking the long way. Taking the long way around. Taking the long way. Taking the long way around.

I met the nurse incharge, drank with the grads, smoking ban with the hospital, moved with the times, couldn't do all the instructions that they told me too. No I, I could never follow. No I, I could never follow.

It's been two long months now, since the top of the world came crashing down. And I'm getting it back on the road now. But I'm taking the long way. Taking the long way around. Taking the long way. Taking the long way around. (Long, long, long, long).

Oh I'll just take my time I won't lay down. (Long long, long, long), and take the long way round.

Well I fought with a incharge, and I met myself, I opened my mouth and I muddled myself, it can get pretty lonely when you show yourself, guess I could of made it easier on myself. But I, I could never follow. No I, I could never follow.

Well I never seemed to do it like anybody else, maybe someday, someday I'm gunna settle down. If you ever want to find me I can still can be found. taking the long way, taking the long way around, taking the long way, taking the long way around.

I'm taking the long way, taking the long way around, I'm taking the long way, taking the long way around. I'm taking the long way, taking the long way around, I'm taking the long way, taking the long way around.

Credit to Dixie Chicks, taking the long way around song. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Taking the long way around

Great lyrics @Catt25 sounds like they resonate with you?

Also you have reminded me of this thread what song gets your motor running!!!! and Quotes, poetry and music to help us all if you want to check them out 🎶 ❤️

It's not my song, it's by the dixie chicks, all I've done is changed a few words and related it to my own life 

@Catt25  I read the lyrics a few days ago and can relate to some of them. I could possibly add some too.

Good to have you on the forums.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance