Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Struggling

Hi dimity

i just googled ‘death clean’ - I thought that sounds bizarre. Strangely enuf I just spent half an hour in my death room where there’s so much junk I’m more likely to fall over and never be seen again. Decluttering is hard for me because being on a pension I tend to be frugal and i think I might use things. I have cupboards full of clothes though I keep wearing the same thing. Have to say though death clean sounds like a good idea but I’m equally keen on leaving my never seen relatives a pig sty cos they’ll complain either way. 
as for your upcoming wedding 💒 I know how you feel . I actually had the experience of saying hello to a distant relative at a funeral who denied knowing me. We spent quite a bit of time together as kids and young adults. I knew who he was so I surmised he knew me as well - just the usual BS. I hate memes . 

@perspective I hear you re decluttering household items and finances. But my nemesis is books and papers. I have my late parents' books as well as my own and the accumulated notes and files from a working lifetime. I'm working through the papers but it's slow when I feel compelled to look at each page. 

We've had some family feuds. And I have social anxiety especially when it comes to dressing up. It goes back a long way. There's unresolved issues there. It doesn't help that I have trouble maintaining smalltalk and social patter. But this wedding is important and highly anticipated after all the lockdowns delayed it.

Hi @Dimity 

Big virtual hugs to you 🤗 I'm sorry they're so late, but they are no less heartfelt 💕

I've been struggling to get out of bed for quite a while now and this is the first time I've managed to pick up my phone and check in with the forum or the outside world for that matter.

I completed a postal vote early in the process when I was lucky enough to get out. Currently flooded in again...

I hope you are feeling better since your last post. Will write more as my mood improves - fingers crossed it's uphill from here.

Take care,

RedHorse 🌹🐴

P.S Hi to @perspective , @tyme , @Shaz51 , @Eve7  and other forum friends passing this way.

Hi @RedHorse, I'm sorry to hear things have been tough lately, though just wanted to highlight that it sounds you might start to be coming out the other side now, reaching out and posting here again. Know there are many sitting here with you as you ride out this wave. Take Care, 

TideisTurning ❤️

Thanks for your message @TideisTurning , I really appreciate you sitting with me as I move towards the light of functioning again...

Hello @RedHorse it's good to hear from you, I'm glad you're here. Sorry you're flooded in again, I hope you're OK for food and supplies. 

I just had a phone conslt with my psychiatrist and a neighbour came over for a chat - 2 conversations in 1 day. It makes a difference. You'd just missed an appt with your psychologist last time we spoke - I hope they sorted that for you. I don't know whether our MI teams understand how much we rely on them.

Hugs and a high 5 @RedHorse it's great you're up.

Hey @Dimity and thanks for the high 5 🙋

Yes I am up and online intermittently depending on my phone signal.

The rain is not easing at all, but thankfully I have enough food and supplies for some time, although getting into the shipping containers is a trial in itself, but I'm not here to complain.

My next telehealth appointment is on 7 June and my booster shot is booked in town for the 8 June.

Not sure if I'll be able to get there according to the weather forecast but time will tell (trying not to look too far ahead - one day at a time and all that)...

Glad to hear you have had two conversations today and that it's made a difference to your peace of mind.

Apologies for rambling, I think I am experiencing a bit of cabin fever.

I need to make it a habit to check in here more frequently, particularly when I least feel like making the effort.

Hope you find something to enjoy in the rest of your week.

Take care,
RedHorse 🌹🐴

Good Afternoon @RedHorse @Dimity 

Its great to see you both online today. I’m going stir crazy with this weather too not that I can do much anyway.

I had my booster and flu shot last week so hoping to stay physically healthy for a while. 

Please keep checking in as you are both very valued on the forums.

Thanks so much for your kind message @Eve7 

It's times like these, when I'm coming out of a very dark place, that I appreciate the forum and my forum friends so much 💞

Hope you are healing and feeling better every day despite the rain @Eve7 

Take care,

RedHorse 🌹🐴

Thanks for your kind message @Eve7 . @Eve7 @RedHorse I hope the rain eases for you both soon.  I had my flu shot early in April and am unsure about getting a 4th Covid shot. I'm still wearing a mask in the supermarket and on public transport but expect the virus to catch up with me sooner or later. 

Hoping tomorrow is a good day for us all

Best wishes 

Dimity

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance