Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Struggling

Oh no @perspective I hope your sprained ankle and the dog's bite heal quickly. What a day. But I'm glad you've been sleeping. Shame about the lamb but I can understand. 

My cat was off-colour for a couple of days, I'm glad he's better today and doesn't need the visit to the vet I was anticipating. 

Hello @RedHorse @perspective how are you going? 

Not doing very well @Dimity but thanks for asking. Still struggling just to get out of bed each day and everything is a mess...

Have a telehealth appointment with psychologist tomorrow so that should help, fingers crossed.

Hope you are doing okay.

Take care,

RedHorse 🌹🐴

Oh no @Dimity psychologist didn't text to confirm telehealth tomorrow indicating that I don't have an appointment tomorrow after all...

Hi @RedHorse that's a worry. But the same thing happened to me last month. I texted my psychologist asking what had happened and she rang that afternoon when another client's telehealth consult fell through.  So I caught up with her after all...  

Now I'm waiting out the break til I can get another mental health plan. 

Mornings can be hard. This morning I let the cat out then went back to sleep (as usual). I was woken by my next door neighbour knocking to tell me the cat was at HIS door. The cat was OK after a feed and I hope the neighbour didn't mind too much. 

Hugs @Dimity , @RedHorse , @perspective ❤❤

Sitting with you my friends 

Hi @Shaz51 @RedHorse @perspective and anyone passing through.

Well I've voted early, as there's not many buses on Saturdays. It was an effort to get out. I'm not coping well atm, I'm tired and weepy for no real reason. It's been 3 weeks since I spoke to anyone, and that was to my psychologist who offered a free session as I'm waiting on a new mental health plan. My gp is holding off on it. 

Hoping you're all keeping well and tomorrow is a good day for you

Dimity

Hi Dimiti,

sorry to hear you’re weepy. Is it just generalised unhappiness or did something trigger you? I’m hibernating as well took me ages to get over my last horrible social experience and there’s always the uncertainty that I’ve overreacted. I mean no wonder we get into a mess. Hope the cat is keeping you good company. Honestly I’d rather hang out with my dog than any hoooooman. 

Hey @Dimity ,

Sorry to hear things are a bit tough for you. If you feel better with a chat, SANE helpline is open 1800 187 623 (10am-10pm M-F). 

For me, I had social anxiety, but I got used to talking on the phone because there was a “barrier” - hence I felt safer. Not sure if this is the same for you.

Hugs,

tyme

Thanks @perspective @tyme . I don't remember when I last spoke to anyone irl. I do get social anxiety and feel churned up about an upcoming family wedding.  I had a weekly class- a music group - but started getting flustered sometimes and making mistakes and it was humiliating. 

The last goal my psychologist set for me was to do a death clean... it's a bit sad if that's all I can hope to achieve. 

I saw an aphorism the other day: "Life doesn't come with a remote.  You have to get up and change it yourself." Yeah but it's hard if you don't have a program guide.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance