Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

natureoflife
Senior Contributor

Struggles of life

So I am just not coping with life. I hate who I am. What I look like. And everything else. I feel so lost with everything. I just feel like I need something to numb the pain. Uni is really impacting on me right now because I love my study and my anxiety is just controlling my life and I don’t know how to change that. My depression is becoming debilitating. My BPD is all over the place. I feel scared, sad, alone. Where can I turn? 

What are other people experience with this? 

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Struggles of life

We're so sorry to hear that you're going through this @natureoflife, especially when it's impacting your uni work. What course are you doing? 

Have you been able to chat to your GP about your anxiety and depression?

Please look after yourself. Heart

Hi natureoflife,

It sounds like things are really tough for you at the moment.  I'm glad that you have turnred to the Forums for support and it is great to see that Ali11 has posted something for you.  

I shall email you separately to check in on you.

Mika

Ohhhhhh @natureoflife  it is soo good to see you again my friend xoxo

we are here for you xx

remember you are not alone  my friend xox

@Mika, @Ali11 

@Ali11 

Hi, I study nursing, 

and yes I have gone to my doctor and she is really supportive. 

@Mika 

I have replied to your email? 

Hi @natureoflife 

I hear you. I have BPD too. I see a psychologist fortnightly for therapy. 

Nursing must be incredible @natureoflife, have you been doing your pracs yet? It's great that your GP is really supportive, it's important to have that support network in place to be able to open up.  

@natureoflife Yes, thanks.  Sounds like you are feeling better now.  Thanks for replying.  I'm so glad to see that you are getting support from other members of the forum and hope the week gets better for you. 

Take good care,

Mika

Former-Member
Not applicable

@natureoflife Good morning, just wanted to say hi and see how you are doing. My son has anxiety and depression and it impacts his study and view of himself, so I can relate. You sound like a lovely person and very intelligent and compassionate to study nursing. Can I say thank you as when I've been at my worst, nurses have saved my life with their care. Know that you are needed and valued. Sending you a big hug ❤️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance