Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Appleblossom
Community Elder

Still here??

I am amazed that I am still meeting people and posting here about all sorts of topics dear to my heart.

Its nearly 18 months, and I have been online most days, having only a few days off.

Thank you all you have responded to me or taught me about your lives and your loves and your coping methods.

Today I am tired in a lovely healthy out doorsy way. 

I have finished the London based caring for psychosis course, but need to obssess less about mental health issues for a while.

I need to throw myself into my music and my new volunteering role at the zoo and try and keep level for my son.

Dont worry I will be back.

Heart

50 REPLIES 50

Re: Still here

Sounds good @Appleblossom. Good self care and healthy feeding of your soul.
I had a full day of rehearsals today. I'm ultra tired but in a positive way. The magic of music should never be underestimated. It's just another form of language that can express feelings and emotions in a way that words can't touch.
Enjoy your new venture with the zoo and revel in your music.
Luv n Hugzzz 💕 🎶

Hi @Appleblossom, Sending you good wishes. I often read your posts and comments. You are very wise and intelligent and Im sure you have helped many people on the saneforums. Bridgetjones
Lunar
Senior Contributor

Hi @Appleblossom,

Congrats on finishing your course, that must have been very interesting and hope you enjoy your well deserved break from mental health issues, it's very wise of you to maintain a healthy balance between your hobbies, interests, self-care and wanting to help others.

Enjoy and talk soon 🙂

Lunar

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Appleblossom, so totally understand, do what's right for you. But I will certainly miss you. Do check in now & then. All the best xox
Heart
Senior Contributor

@Appleblossom, Well done on your course. Go and hug some zoo animals for yourself and for us. I agree with the Thank you for all on this forum and sharing our coping methods, It has helped me heaps too.

Hope you have a great day at the zoo.   🙂

Former-Member
Not applicable

D O N ' T. G O !

Well done with your course @Appleblossom

We like you here so please don't leave - take a break if necessary and get your life evened out

I don't know about obsessing - it's one of those tricky to define things - when I was studying I found I would be totally interested in what I was doing - and still feel that way - but of course I think about other things now

All the best though

Dec

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Appleblossom. You will be missed but I'm so glad you are taking care of you. It feels like you made some pretty good ground on issues lately and I get the need to have some time for a bit where you don't have mental health front and centre 24/7. I have been struggling to keep up with everyone but you are always in my thoughts. Wishing you the very best of luck with whatever road you venture down to nourish your soul. You deserve some downtime. Sending hugs 💜😊🤗

Thank you for warmth.  I dont plan to go, but I am re-orienting my priority my use of the forum.  This was the most important thing for most of my time til now.  I see so much good support for others and honest and self aware posting. Also many people who are still at the complete end of their tether.  From my silly one lady mission and viewpoint, to positively effect attitudes to mental health and mental illness, I will never stray. I know I am not always be positive, but my intention was also through the darker stories there can be know-how and clarity ...

Yes I dont think I should have it front & centre for a while.  So I dont feel my immediate "rescue" mode triggered.  Rescue the other and rescue the self ... 

Not sure how things will go .. but I would only withdraw partially.  

I have a few commitments coming up .. in training for the conservation teaching role ... Yay I dont have those messages spilling into my positing here ... I can do it where it will reach most people within the umbrella of an organisation.  I also am planning for minimal self-revelation there.

Though it did come up in one task ... I looked straight in the eye at the young eager enthusiastic employed teacher .. and said "animals are not more important than humans" ... she was right onto the basis of my query .. and told me about a wonderful organisation called GORILLA DOCTORS.that also practise a "ONE HEALTH" approach where for eg in Africa the orangatans health and the various aspects of the ecosystem including the humans are treated by doctors in an integrated way. 1)  Many bugs are transmitted and pathological for humans & animals.  Management of scarce resources is important, but complex in the mining say ... of COLTAN ... for mobile phones... where the livelihoods of 12 year old human children are effected, becasue they eat better when they mine ... consequences can be complex ... westerners cant pontificate in other economies, but it is not accurate to say there not flow-ons in behaviour from one part of the globe to another.  There is plenty of coltan in OZ, but too expensive to mine .. and most parents here would not want their 12 years olds working that way.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance